LA MANGA (MURCIA) SPAIN.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi John

To start off with its a long way from the channel ports! I clocked it at about 1300 miles from Le Havre so leave yourself plenty of time to get there. We took a week to get there and we were there in June 2004 for 3 weeks, very, very hot but will be cooler at the time you are there. Campsite is well run and friendly. Pitches are large and serviced and hedged which gives you some privacy. The usual facilities are on site i.e serviced laundry, good little supermarket but a much better commercial one about 2 miles down the road towards La Manga town. Plenty of areas for recreation with, I believe, a heated indoor swimmimng pool "out of season". There is a bar/restaurant on the site beach of La Mer de Menor (saltwater lake)where ther was some local entertainment in the evenings. We used Camping Cheques for our stay and all we paid was 1 x camping cheque per night, so good value there. The town of La Manga, known locally as The Strip - you will see why, has everything you need but during our stay was a building site with dust everywhere. There is also some interesting towns etc a short drive away. We enjoyed the camp site but would I visit the area again - sorry but an emphatic NO.

Good luck

Apr 27, 2005
Visit site
hi, spent oct, nov, dec at la manga 2003 and what a great site. we were part of the c&c club rally so lots of brits to help.

good small supermarket on site and better mercadona on the strip

great bodega (wine shop) and british supermarket a los belones ( a few miles away). bikes would be handy on this site as its big.

if your travelling from bilbao i can give you the route and campsites to use on the way down.

e mail me at duffystev@aol.com if you require further info

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts