La Vallee des vignes, Loire

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hiya. I can't find any info on this siite. Its in the select sites brochure. I was trying to find out some reviews on the web but searches come up with nothing. Is there anyone who knows of it or has stayed there? Thanks. Sian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Sian, we stayed at Vallee des Vagnes last year and had a great time. It was our idea of a perfect site ! It has a nice countryside location, shower blocks are first class and it has a very nice bar area. It also has very pleasant English owners. It is a small, quiet site. I guess if you are after a large site with all the bells and whistles, this one won't be for you. We found there was just enough to do if you so wished, if not, blissful peace and quiet was achievable! The surrounding area is beautiful, with loads of trips in easy reach- Loire Chateux, Saumur, Futuroscope etc. Lots of local services in nearby Doue. Like I said, it really was perfect for us.

nor

Dec 21, 2003
Visit site
we had a look at this site last year when we were in the area. we were staying at chantepie, near saumur. it was quite a nice site on the side of a river, i cant really remember much about it we nearly booked this site. chanterpie was the better of the two. but i wouldnt have been disapointed if we had been staying there. its in a nice area . and the zoo is not to be missed this is not far away. zoo de doue, we didnt go to the rose gardens and i am sorry we missed them. saumur is very nice and the chateau is worth a visit.unless you have small children. in the village nearby there are some local wine sellers excellent value and very friendly. good luck

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for both your responses.

Mike - No I don't want a big noisy site. Just friendly. I've got 2 young kids who I would like to be able to run around safely and for us to meet other families.

The website mentioned they do BBQ's and hog roasts. Did they do that while you were there? Is it easy to get to La Puy du Fou, Rochemenier and La Fosse do you know? Thanks Sian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Sian, don't recall a hog Roast on whilst we were there but they had other activities. The best was the Bastile Day celebrations, where they did a typical French Meal, drinks, fireworks etc. It was very good, and I think they try and have some evening ents. on a regular basis.Also have a guy coming in to do wine tastings, trips to go-Karts etc.Didn't get to any of the places you mentioned whilst we were there, but road links are good, so I can't see any problems getting there. Puy de Fou is well advertised in the area, so must be an easy trip.I would say the kids would also love futuroscope as well, sort of a theme park for Virtual Reality. We had a whale of a time there.

Mar 30, 2005
Visit site
Hi - re Puy du fou - we have stayed at Vallee des Vignes twice and are returning again this year - we love it. We have been to Puy du Fou from the site, it takes around one and a half to two hours but is a must - roman arena unforgettable. Site for us was excellent but depends what you want - we liked the size which meant there were other kids there but it was small and no risk of losing track of ours! Showers superb, owners delightful. Have recommended highly to others.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts