Lake Garda Campsites

Jan 20, 2007
Visit site
Going to Lake Garda in September using Camping Cheques. Having difficulty choosing a site. Any recommendations? Weekend, San Francesco & Bella Italia all look good. Have heard Italian sites can be a bit small & cramped. Would obviously like a good sized pitch. Can these be requested?

Thanks for any help.

Jeff

Apr 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi Margaret

We have just come back from Italy and the pitches are smaller and more cramped than, say French ones. We have holidayed on Lake Garda but not with the caravan, but we did go past a few sites and commented on the fact that they were pitched more closely together. You probably have nothing to lose by requesting a larger pitch and if they have one they will probably oblige. Have a lovely holiday anyway.

Chris

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi we stayed at San Francesco 2 years ago. The first pitch was too small for our van but a quick trip to reception sorted that problem with no fuss. The site was ideal for us predominantly Italian & German with a couple of English. The facilities were good - shower blocks were cleaned twice a day, the pool was great and a nice restaurant. Godd base to visit Verona & Venice. The only downside was the midges, but when you're camped around a lake you'll always get midges.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We stayed at Weekend 3 years ago. Beautiful site. Looked at the others while we there and decided they were too big for us. They were a bit like small villages with over 500 pitches + statics and lodges! We were recommended to Weekend by the owner of Campingcheques. The restaurant was fabulous.

I would agree that the pitches can be a bit tight on italian pitches. We had a bit of trouble getting on. But the staff could not have been more helpful in sorting it out. If I went again I would book ahead and advise them of the rig size

Aug 16, 2006
Visit site
Just back from a fantastic holiday at Sanfrancesco. Was recomended the site by someoneon this forum as I had asked for info on large pitches for twin axle van in Italy. Had the best pitch ever had. Right on the lakeside wonderful view of distant hills and foreground interest of activities on the lake. Wanna go back! Had to book it. Had to tell them for a big van. Other pitches looked close in some areas but not in others. At the weekends when the place filled with Italians it looked very cramped. By Monday, all gone back to work. Could be the same in September. The downside was they don't take Camping Cheques for places by the lake and it cost us 43 euros for pitch + 2 Adults.

Expensive yes, but all our other sites to Italy and back were with CC's and we enjoyed it so much that I felt money well spent. Hope this isn't too late a reply,Enjoy your holiday.

David

May 15, 2007
Visit site
Just back from a fantastic holiday at Sanfrancesco. Was recomended the site by someoneon this forum as I had asked for info on large pitches for twin axle van in Italy. Had the best pitch ever had. Right on the lakeside wonderful view of distant hills and foreground interest of activities on the lake. Wanna go back! Had to book it. Had to tell them for a big van. Other pitches looked close in some areas but not in others. At the weekends when the place filled with Italians it looked very cramped. By Monday, all gone back to work. Could be the same in September. The downside was they don't take Camping Cheques for places by the lake and it cost us 43 euros for pitch + 2 Adults.

Expensive yes, but all our other sites to Italy and back were with CC's and we enjoyed it so much that I felt money well spent. Hope this isn't too late a reply,Enjoy your holiday.

David
What route did you take from the coast?

Jan 8, 2008
Visit site
Hi Jeff

Stayed at Weekend 2 years ago, stunning location and great pool and a great area BUT the pitches are liberally supplied with olive trees and very tight indeed and impossible to get car, van and awning in place without a lot of fiddling about. We had to be pushed by very friendly Danes as we could not get round the corner to our pitch with the van attached.

San francesco is a bit easier...had a look while out on my bike.

Texastom

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts