Landcruiser 4D4

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have a question for Frank and other 4D4 users.

Do you have any problems keeping the car demisted in the cold damp weather? I can clear the fogging from the front and rear using the relevent demisters but as soon as you switch off, or turn off the aircon they are as bad as ever.

Similarly the rear side windows mist up all the time.

Any advice or comments!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Clive, We have an isuzu trooper and it does the very same,the only thing that that keeps them clear is to have the fan on at low with the vents at the window setting, other than that just grin and bear it, sorry. Mo

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Clive

Why are you turning off the air con in cold damp weather?

Air con will remove the damp air from the cabin send it thru a dehumidifier and then return it to the cabin dry and at the correct temperature. This stops any internal condensation on the glass. It removes all the water vapour that is breathed out by the occupants of the car.

Thats how its designed to work, its not just for hot summer days.

I never turn mine off at all, and never have any misting. In fact not using it for a prolonged period can cause the compressor seals to leak.

spj

Apr 5, 2006
Visit site
Clive,

Cliff is right, climate control is better left on to do it's work, a couple of cars I have owned [VW and Audi] have misted up when switched to econ which turns off the A/C, and the fuel savings with the A/C off are much smaller with a bigger engine.

spj

May 12, 2006
Visit site
Hi Clive,

Just been out in ours, I select the front and rear demist, with the auto selected. The A/C comes on and after about 3/4 minutes or so, all the windows are cleared.

Frank

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
A lot of cars nowadays have a pollen filter in the air intake. If this has become soaked in water for any reason (unusually heavy rainfall or directed jet of water when washing) then it can take ages to dry out and it'll probably be easier and quicker to have a new filter fitted.

Jul 31, 2006
Visit site
Clive,

In answer to your question, try cleaning all the insides of the windows, then smear a small amount of washing up liquid all over the inside & then buff (polish) the windows, works every time!

For those with Air con or climate control, most car manufactures have a "failsafe" built into the circuitry, that is to say the air con compresser switches off at about +3c to stop the system (heat exchanger in the heater box) from freezing.

GeorgeB

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts