Late touring.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Just had a wet but nice weekend away at "The Willows" Huntingdon with some new Vaners. To give them back up, And also met another new couple with their first van, all good no great mishapps. Just to say to new comers to caravanning, all year round touring is great. Enjoy.
Hutch and Elaine. And the dogs.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Ditto hutch,we've just got back from new Forrest,great weather(except one nights rain). Just put heater on low overnight and fine.We had worse weather on summer hols. ;)

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
When we started vanning 5 year ago we used to winterize ours about October through to March time now I think that word is a swear word ! No more taking out the seats and storing them, its just put away until the next trip and that's not very long inbetween !!

Sep 21, 2017
Visit site
I agree with Hutch and Craig, when we started vanning 35 yrs ago with a glass windowed 10' Trophy ( with no heater ) the season was Easter to August Bank Holiday weather permitting !
Nowadays with these 'vans being so much better insulated with all and more comforts than at home we have often enjoyed our winter 'vanning more than in the summer. Away to Barnstones CP Banbury next weekend,then Hilltop CP Thrussington and then it's back to Barnstones for yet another ( 20th ) Christmas & New Year.
Happy caravanning.

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
We are hoping to get out and about more this winter - we had a weekend away in the van for Halloween weekend which was great fun. We are lucky to have Alde heating in our van which is fab, so warm and cosy.
I would love to wake up in the van to a crisp frosty morning outside.
Its perhaps a little more tricky to find sites that are open in winter but they are out there.

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
The one lesson we learned the hard way the other week was to go for hard standing in weather like this (we prefer grass generally). The place was a bog and the carpets now need jet washing.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Oh yes! Hard standing only for us in the winter just in case we sink or get stuck and me to like lynnbob's would love to be away and wake up with a good covering off snow on the ground !!

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Outdoors, have you tried The Fir Trees campsite, in Warrmington, not far from Barnstones, open all year, nice pub in the village,

Sep 21, 2017
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
Outdoors, have you tried The Fir Trees campsite, in Warrmington, not far from Barnstones, open all year, nice pub in the village,
Must admit we looked at it yrs ago and was not too impressed. Looking on their website, seems things have improved, yes the Plough in Warmington is nice, we walked there with friends from Barnstones one Christmas time in drifts of snow on a beautiful clear day. An old guy in there assured us that Walmington on Sea ( Dad's Army ) was named as Warmington is the most inland village in England.
He may have had a few more than me though !

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts