Latest on line Scam!

Page 4 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
This came through my Spam today
PostcodeLotteryUK
Saying I have won 4th Category £1,000
In order to claim your price provide three identification
passport or driving Licence
Selfie photo
selfie of you holding document

(I have checked my postcode and i haven"t and it been confirmed over the phone)

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
This came through my Spam today
PostcodeLotteryUK
Saying I have won 4th Category £1,000
In order to claim your price provide three identification
passport or driving Licence
Selfie photo
selfie of you holding document

(I have checked my postcode and i haven"t and it been confirmed over the phone)
The PCL put it straight into your account, or the bank you use,
This mornings scam was my Amazon account was charged £300 + please press 1 to contact us.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Herself had the Hermes parcel scam email attempt yesterday.
They claim to have tried to deliver a parcel and helpfully provided a link for her to contact them.
She deleted it of course

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
The PCL put it straight into your account, or the bank you use,
This mornings scam was my Amazon account was charged £300 + please press 1 to contact us.
I won something from PCL sometime back and it went straight into my account , so i new it was a spam and it deleted now :)

May 7, 2012
Visit site
It does seem that the scam is all over. No one charges for redelivery and I am not sure how so many people fell for it as they no full well there is no charge. I have blocked the number when I have got it, but there is not anymore you can do.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Our phone is Ex directory I just put it on Do not Disturb and it blocks calls that we do not want sometimes leave it on if we are expecting someone giving a ring like the Doctor ;)

May 7, 2012
Visit site
A variation on the delivery scam seems to be a message my daughter got. This was allegedly from Hermes, but did not ask for money, just that you open a link to "their" website and fill in details. It was not the correct address for contacting Hermes to arrange a redelivery, so had to be a scam, and presumably the information you were asked to type in was what they wanted for their scam. What was also missing was any order number which any courier would quote.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Had one today supposedly from TESCO . org.net
Confirm your receipt of purchase!!!
Dont think they realised that I'm a man..................
I DONT SHOP AT TESCO!!!

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
My wife was called by HMRC, told she was being investigated which is very odd, she hasn’t worked for almost a year, she isn’t receiving pension so i said investigate as much as they like as they must owe her some, I actually told them to **** off and annoy someone else.

BP

Reactions: Dustydog
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I have just received the email in the screenshot. I do have an ITV hub account but only the free one. I have never subscribed. Also, a bank would not do this.

I have contacted ITV regards this. Disappointingly, it is to an email previously scam free.

DEAD67F8-AC48-4DE4-A629-0D5013056FBC.jpeg

John

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Be wary that some GPs and hospitals use "Number Withheld" on all their outgoing calls, so you might miss an important one.
But GPs and hospitals have my mobile phone because i am a regular customer and send me a text i was due the other day for my injection i have every 12 weeks and it will say this is a reminder for your appointment

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
But GPs and hospitals have my mobile phone because i am a regular customer and send me a text i was due the other day for my injection i have every 12 weeks and it will say this is a reminder for your appointment
Even before Covid, my GP would phone on his private mobile, with number withheld, to discuss results of blood tests and medication reviews - and the Heart Failure Clinic at hospital does the same thing.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Even before Covid, my GP would phone on his private mobile, with number withheld, to discuss results of blood tests and medication reviews - and the Heart Failure Clinic at hospital does the same thing.
Same here so I do not block numbers until I have answered the call just in case.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Withheld number is not enough to go on to ignore a call. Many scammers provide a number to get around this. Just do 1471 immediately after. Sometimes I then Google the number.

Recently I called it back. They hung up on me, I then got charged 55 pence for an international call. 🥵

Not sure blocking is any use. Scammers get a new number for pennies.

John

May 7, 2012
Visit site
If you are suspicious about a call from your GP or hospital, just ring their landline number and check. I think they will be used to it by now and it will not be a problem.
Genuine calls tend to begin with your name but scammers often do not, if they do not use your name then it is a scam, but check the ones that do know it.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Withheld number is not enough to go on to ignore a call. Many scammers provide a number to get around this. Just do 1471 immediately after. Sometimes I then Google the number.

Recently I called it back. They hung up on me, I then got charged 55 pence for an international call. 🥵

Not sure blocking is any use. Scammers get a new number for pennies.

John
Actually i do ring the 1471 just check who rings me when we have a block on our home phone and check the numbers on our list of callers friends, doctors, hospital, chemist , and if it someone i know i will answer the call but otherwise no . like you say they always get your new number

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Genuine calls tend to begin with your name but scammers often do not, if they do not use your name then it is a scam, but check the ones that do know it.

I have many spam calls that call me by name. That could well be because we are not ex-directory.

John

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Thinking about it, we get far fewer spam calls than we used to. I guess about two per week now. Is it just us, or are they dropping off?

John

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts