Lawns 2018

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Anyone else heading to the Lawns show this weekend?

Lets hope the ground has dried out a bit or else I may need someone to tow the wheelchair out.

Cheque book staying firmly at home with the debit card. Just in case I like a twin axle VIP.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Martin24 said:
Anyone else heading to the Lawns show this weekend?

Lets hope the ground has dried out a bit or else I may need someone to tow the wheelchair out.

Cheque book staying firmly at home with the debit card. Just in case I like a twin axle VIP.

Sorry cant go and buy a new van yet.................Not retired yet :evil:

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
To Kev, -- :p :p :p , (PS not as near as Martin to the Lawns, - about 25 miles, but not going, as we've had this van 3½ years and I don't want temptation setting in!)

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Obviously I didn't make it into as many vans as I would have liked.

The good the bad and the ugly all of course only our personal conclusions.

Explore group, went into a rear bed 8ft Compass. Flimsy and very poorly put together. Didn't bother to go in any others. The drawers that they make a song and dance about felt as if they were close to falling to bits already. Was strange seeing the Hymer name on the external detail plate.

Coachman. Only really visited the twin axle VIP's. They look much better on the outside, especially the Van Royce/Vanmaster styling at the front. Cupboards and drawers seemed back up to a more solid feel of old. Good to see the improvements. A step back with no bulkhead to lean back on by the door.

Swift, went to see the similar layout to our Turin but with L shaped lounge and rear bathroom. Sprite, no way with the fit and finish not being great, didn't like the worktops and no roof light over the bed to name but a couple of the negatives. Then to the Conqueror 630 which had a nicer fit and finish, albeit rather plasticky as with all swifts. However losing the full height front window would be/is a concern. It's the only one from the show we have put on the list of possibilities.

Lunar Delta's, the white cupboards made me feel like I was sitting in the kitchen at home. I didn't even bother to go in. External finish not great.

Then into the car to go to a local dealer to see the new Unicorn. Yet again felt like we were sat in the kitchen at home. The build quality, especially the drawers no where near as good as our GT65. Loss of front upper and lower shelves disappointing. Certainly wouldn't consider it.

Ice cream not up to the standard that we make at home.

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
Martin, after the new tug, you are dreaming about a new van, Jennys he boss, S on A. Soon ., :p

The blue eyes are doing their job and there may be some movement towards my way of thinking..........

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi Martin. What was it about the Swifts that put it on the " fluttering blue eyes list" , that the Coachman didn't have?
Mel

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Just the layout Mel. Wouldn't ordinarily look at a swift as dislike their reputation around these parts and dislike the amount of cheap looking plastic.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
My daughter in law's parents ordered a Swift Ace
The salesman pushed them hard to buy an Elddis but brains over heart ruled.
Delivery March 2018.
That's a long way away you may say. YES :eek:hmy: :) :(

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts