lazy people

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
just been down to B&Q in Gorseinon in Swansea , parked by the emergency exit ,when i came back out there were 4 trolley's in the emergency doorway ,got into my car to drive away ,and just on the corner on the way out was another trolley in the road and another on the grass verge beside it , i cant believe people have become that lazy that they cant walk 50 feet to put a trolley back ,it wasnt raining ,infact its a beautiful sunny day

Apr 1, 2008
Visit site
The only solution is to park 50 yards from the door of B&Q or any other large store.

Park in an end bay,

Furthest away from the door

Never park next to a MPV or large 4x4 or transit type van

never park next to an old banger of any kind

Reverse into all spaces (easier to get out)

Turn in wing mirrors b4 you leave car

You might still get your car damaged but at least you will have minimised the chances.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
I like the French way, certainly at Auchan. You have to put money in to have a trolley which you get back when you park it correctly.
It's not just a French way. They have it in the UK at Aldi and some Tesco stores, too (probably others as well, but they're the ones that immediately came to mind).

Aug 25, 2006
Visit site
Pretty much spot on Walter, but you missed the most obvious one of all - NEVER park next to anything with a child seat.

Just watching doting mothers open the car doors then shove them them fully open with their rear-ends into whatever is around whilst strapping little Johnny/Susie in is a body-repairers dream.

And before the howls of complaint start, I`m not anti-child.

There is even a suggestion I was one once. So there.

Jan 22, 2008
Visit site
Hi

I must caooment on the point about not parking to 4X4, I drive a Shogun, I parked at a B & Q, in west London, one wet Sunday morning, just after the shop opened, went in, bought what we wanted, oh forgot to mention I parked about the furthest you could from the entrance, on our return, a lady had aprked that close to our car, she could not open the door, 3 more attempts, before she was parked to her satisfaction, no other car within 100 spaces, she nearly cried when my wife and I got in and drove off.

It still causes titters when ever my wife tells the story of the lady who could not open the door of her car, after parking too close, in an empty car park.

True....

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
I was parked well away from the main entrance , and nearly all supermarkets you have to pay a deposit for a trolley ,except B&Q ,but to block an emergency exit ,with clear signs saying keep clear emergency exit ,is beyond me ,

Nov 26, 2006
Visit site
As I drive an old 4x4, all I need is a child seat (child not needed) to be pretty sure nobody will park near me.

Personally I almost never reverse into a bay in a store car park. Yes, it's easier to drive out, and it's often easier to get into the bay, but with a 4x4 it's definitely impossible to open the boot to load it up!

blu

Apr 16, 2007
Visit site
Hi all

My friends wife in one of her quite frequent blonde moments took her mum to our local morrisons,parked up and niether of them could get out.Why

They had parked in the trolley bay

This was some years ago but still reminded of it often

Sean

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Walter, I suggest that no one reverses into parking bays. How do you load the car with all your bags? Squeeze between the cars, maybe scratching them on the way? I've seen it loads of times!

Feb 11, 2007
Visit site
Went to reverse out seeing nothing behind me and lucky for me the reversing sensors came on, looking in the mirror could not see that this woman had left her trolley behind our car to get her car out which was next to ours . I had a few words with her and got the stock answer "Sorry".

Jan 6, 2008
Visit site
when I park in car parks I park well away from the entrance. When I go in my car is on its own when I come out someone has alway parked close up on one side of me Why I ask. So I did ask one day and the reply from this person was I need somthing to line up on to park. How do these people pass there tests.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
When we got our new car, one of our top things we looked for was sliding doors at the rear, as we used to quite often find with our old Galaxy problems in car parks as so many bays are quite narrow for modern bigger cars. I have to say I love the sliding doors, it is much easier for the children getting in and out, and loading shopping in through the side as well. Shame more cars don't have the option.

Jog

Feb 17, 2007
Visit site
One time we parked at the farthest end of an otherwise empty seaside carpark looking out to sea - saved us a walk as we were working on the beach - came back, lo and behold one more car there parked, yes, next to ours. AND BOTH OCCUPANTS READING NEWSPAPERS. Broadsheet papers at that !

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts