Le Havre to Pong

Jun 25, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

Can anybody give me some advice please?

1. Where to get diesel in the docks at Le Havre on Sunday am

2. Is the campsite well sign posted

3. What sort of electrical connections do I need for hook-up

Hope someone can answer this plea, as we go for the first time next weekend. Many thanks in advance. Kev

Jun 25, 2005
Visit site
Hi Kevin,

can answer 2 of 3

1. dont worry about diesel/fuel there is numerous fuel stations on the road out of Le Havre take your pick

2. We've never been to Pong, however use "Mappy" or "via Michelin" (just type them into your search engine)they will give you quite comprehensive directions. I drive all over europe and use these websites all the time. Also usually as you near your destination sites tend to be reasonably well sign posted.

3.You can get hook up adapters from most 'van dealers/accessory shops I think they cost about 6/7 quid, just explain that you're off to France and they should know what you want.

Enjoy your holiday you'll love it

Neil

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
One point on the electrical connection. You will often find that the polarity is reversed when you plug in so you will need a little plug in tester to check this. The device looks like an ordinary 240 plug but it has three neon lights on it and they will indicate whether the polarity is reversed or even if there is no earth connection. I wouldnt use a connection on site unless I first checked it in this way.

If you find that the polarity is reversed it is handy to have two continental adaptors wired up to cover both options.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Kevin,

Just a note re.the electrics.

We have just got back from France and during our three weeks we stayed at five sites, all of them Municipals and without exception they all had the Euro or British type connections for electicity. As previously stated, it is necessary to check polarity and, just as important, how many amps the location provides. Any less than six amps and it is easy to 'blow' the fuse, especially if you have a domestic electric kettle or microwave on board. Have a good time. I know we did.

Jun 25, 2005
Visit site
Hi Kevin,

can answer 2 of 3

1. dont worry about diesel/fuel there is numerous fuel stations on the road out of Le Havre take your pick

2. We've never been to Pong, however use "Mappy" or "via Michelin" (just type them into your search engine)they will give you quite comprehensive directions. I drive all over europe and use these websites all the time. Also usually as you near your destination sites tend to be reasonably well sign posted.

3.You can get hook up adapters from most 'van dealers/accessory shops I think they cost about 6/7 quid, just explain that you're off to France and they should know what you want.

Enjoy your holiday you'll love it

Neil
Dear,Del,Neil & Clive,

Thanks for all your advice,looking forward to our trip.

Safe caravanning,Kev.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts