Le Val de Bonnal - France - surrounding area?

Aug 7, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

we are considering booking up for this site next August, booked through Les Castels site. It looks just what we are looking for, but not sure about what there is in the surrounding area. Anyone been here?

Karen

Nov 20, 2007
Visit site
We stay at this site on our way down to and back from Spain, nice site with lovely pool and tennis courts, nice French restaurant (a rarity these days!). However as we only pass through the area I'm not sure what is of interest in the vicinity....

Jul 21, 2005
Visit site
Hi Karen,

We stayed at this site last summer. The weather while we were there was 'changeable' (as was most of France last summer I think). The first four days were almost constant torrential rain with the result that many pitches became flooded and people were leaving the site in droves. Once the rain stopped the pitches generally dried fairly quickly. This is NOT a criticism of the site which was, as usual for a castels site, excellent.

The pool is great - just try to get a pitch that is not too close to the pool as one night a week they had a night time 'disco' swim, which while they were good fun, they were very loud, and went on quite late. The swimming lake is good fun especially if you take an inflatable dinghy or similar. There is also a go-kart track near the entrance to the site & a tree climbing/high ropes course on site with zip lines across the river. The usual pizza/take away/eat in restaurant is of reasonable quality and overlooks the river. There is also a restaurant next door to the site whch we didnt try so cant say what it was like.

There is a reasonable ammount of things to do but you have to be prepared to drive fair distances. We had day trips into both Germany & Switzerland for example. Medieval towns such as Ribeuville (I think) near the German border are stunning with herons nesting on the rooftops.

PS I dont know if it was just because of the damp weather but I was eaten alive by mosquitos so take plenty of repellant!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts