Leaking Carver water pump

Jan 1, 2004
Visit site
My 1999 Lunar has a Carver Maxi 3 water pump and I have always had problems with the connection to the caravan leaking. Has anyone else out there had this problem and found a cure?

Maurice.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If this is the fitting with the cylinderical filter housing, the most likely cause is a crack round the thread of the housing due to overtightening on the filter cartridge when fitting. unfortunately this means a complete replacement connector panel. It's a poor bit of design for something which will inevitably suffer this fate.

When replaceing the filter use a sllicone grease meant for water fittings (and DIY) rather than the food quality oil they suggest. This tricts to the threads much better. Yoou will find the fitting actually has a small stop moulded into the thread, although this can easily be overcome by too much effort - it should not be necessary to use any tools other than fingers.

Jan 1, 2004
Visit site
If this is the fitting with the cylinderical filter housing, the most likely cause is a crack round the thread of the housing due to overtightening on the filter cartridge when fitting. unfortunately this means a complete replacement connector panel. It's a poor bit of design for something which will inevitably suffer this fate.

When replaceing the filter use a sllicone grease meant for water fittings (and DIY) rather than the food quality oil they suggest. This tricts to the threads much better. Yoou will find the fitting actually has a small stop moulded into the thread, although this can easily be overcome by too much effort - it should not be necessary to use any tools other than fingers.
Thanks Ray but mine has the flat Cascade 3 filter.

Maurice

Aug 2, 2006
Visit site
Thanks Ray but mine has the flat Cascade 3 filter.

Maurice
Hi Maurice, quite common occurance, you need to get a new filter,and replace the o ring on the pump connection, before fittint the pump and filter smear a small amout of olive oil on the o rings on both pump and filter, make sure you've pushed both firmly in to position, that should do the trick.

Jun 9, 2005
Visit site
Yep i have had this problem on my Bailey Pageant the first time was 2 days into our first outing with it the 2nd was last week I have not yet got round to replacing the filter housing but am resigned to doing it. It is a simple enough procedure and only takes about 30 mins, it is just a pain having to do it so early after only 18 months use.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts