Leaking Shower

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
I have a 2 year old Avondale Landranger 6400 and water has started flowing out of the shower handle (where you turn it on and adjust the temperature). It means that we can't use any other taps without water pouring out of the shower till we get it fixed and we are supposed to be going away in a week. Does anyone have any knowledge of this problem, or any ideas where I might be able to get hold of spare parts (I'm told that Avondale is closed for the next week!)?

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
Irene,

Sorry but cannot help directly with the problem you describe, plumbing being one of the many d.i.y. skills I don't possess, I suppose it could be anything from a simple washer required to a full control handle replacement.

What might be of help though is that although you mention Avondale is on holiday for a week I believe that the water fittings in caravans are pretty standard across different ranges and you should be able to get replacement parts at any accessory shop or perhaps even from local plumber.

Robert

Aug 2, 2006
Visit site
Irene,

Sorry but cannot help directly with the problem you describe, plumbing being one of the many d.i.y. skills I don't possess, I suppose it could be anything from a simple washer required to a full control handle replacement.

What might be of help though is that although you mention Avondale is on holiday for a week I believe that the water fittings in caravans are pretty standard across different ranges and you should be able to get replacement parts at any accessory shop or perhaps even from local plumber.

Robert
Hi Irene, Today I've been called out to an Avondale with the same problem, the cartridge in the tap has failed, I did'nt have a replacement in stock so i disconnected the relevant pipes and fitted a stop end into the speedfit connection so the customer could use the water system, you need two 12mm stop ends from your dealer, sorry can't remember the make of the tap,but your dealer may have a spare carridge!!

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Many thanks for your advice -my husband thinks it is the cartidge too, so we will get some stop ends as a stop gap (excuse the pun!) until we get hold of a cartridge.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts