Leaking Thetford Toilet

Nov 4, 2004
Visit site
Hello all

I think this topic has been covered before,but i cant find any replies in the Forum search

My Thetford toilet is leaking,but i dont know from where.Its only 6 months old,but the carpet is getting soaked in pink.

There are pink stains around the blade release and then all around the lower seam.

Ive taken it apart and all i cant see any leaks from the flush hose and if there was it would drip down into the cassete area.

Im at a loss to see where it is coming from,any help/ideas or have you suffered this too? if so how did you cure it?

Nov 22, 2006
Visit site
Hi

My toilet was leaking from the top of the flush water holding tank at were the hand plunger goes in the the tank.it was badly sealed and after taking it apart carefully i resealed and tape any openings and now have a dry floor.I also put less water in the tank when traveling.My friend who works for a caravan distributor had to sit in a caravan when it was moving to discover this problem and then told me. Hope this helps

Barry

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We had some pink around the bottom of ours when we arrived at site, so when I was in my dealers this week having a repair carried-out, I asked about this,and was told not to travel with fluids in the tanks, its a no no they said.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
It tells you not to travel with fluid in the top tank in the Thetford instruction manual.

I always travel with it containing fluid and on several caravans have had no leaks.

My friend has a Swift van with identical looking Thetford electric flush loo and his always leaks on tow if he has fluid in the tank

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts