Leaving time Sunday

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Can any site owner reading this tell me why they can't sort out a system for allowing departure from site to be 4 pm on Sunday? I can understand in high season but not when sites are a quarter full with no likleyhood of a swarm of new guests arriving on Sunday afternoon.It is obvious that weekend caravanners keep sites viable and most want to arrive late Friday and depart late afternoon Sunday. I went to a site last year that wanted to charge half a day rate to allow me to stay a few hours.

Sep 12, 2005
Visit site
I Agree if sites were more flexible they would probably have much more buisness , I've just booked at three rivers near clitheroe and they are happy for you to stay untill 3.30 on sunday .

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Ray,

I can understand your fellings on this subject....you do have a fair point.

Not wishing to blow my own trumpet but you would like it here at The Plassey :- when we not full on the day of a departure for a customer, we allow latest departure up until 6.00pm at no additional cost whatsoever!!

The only time when we do have a 12.00noon leaving time is during the really busy times i.e. Bank Holidays & July & August.

In effect over 80% of the season is therefore covered with this 6.00pm leaving time.

Wishing you all the best,

John Brookshaw Managing Director The Plassey Leisure Park

www.theplassey.co.uk

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
John, Thank you very much for your reply.Perhaps when you are at the site owners Christmas ball, or trade convention, you could bring it to other owners attention. Good luck with your site. Ray

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Went to Kiln Park, Tenby last weekend and wanted to stay until after lunch time on the Sunday instead of packing up at 10am. Lady in reception was very nice about it and allowed us the extra time with no extra charge.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Ramblingrose, You have explained the problem well. The site has a ridiculous early leaving time of 10am. They were generous to allow you to stay but why the rush to get rid of people so early? As I said sites need to cater for the weekenders as they keep the sites viable outside the main holidy season. I thought JohnB's reply showed he had a handle on the solution.

Sep 15, 2005
Visit site
Ramblingrose, You have explained the problem well. The site has a ridiculous early leaving time of 10am. They were generous to allow you to stay but why the rush to get rid of people so early? As I said sites need to cater for the weekenders as they keep the sites viable outside the main holidy season. I thought JohnB's reply showed he had a handle on the solution.
i understand your feelings ray,usually i tends too book for a extra night so we can stay a bit later on the site and if weather permitting pack the awning away dry

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts