Leibherr Fridge freezer handle

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know anything about fridges? ,managed to break the handle on my fridge and can get a replacement for £69, can't figure out how to get what is left of the old handle off though, not happy that it has broken as it cost £2000 3 years ago.

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Is this the type of handle ?
9086750%20Liebherr%20Fridge%20Freezer%20Door%20Handle.jpg.thumb_241x252_.jpg

May 8, 2010
Visit site
No it seems to clamp onto the edge of the door, the handle moves when you pull it, it has a plastic hinge arrangement, that then pushes against the fridge breaking the seal on the door so it opens, I think the guys who fitted it put the handles on too low down so all the force is near the top and the plastic hinge has broken. I can't see any screws or anything to undo to get the broken handle off.

The fridge freezer is huge over 6 feet high by 4 feet wide and otherwise seems robust.

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Will have a try.

Thanks for all your help and patience, I usually try to figure things out myself but I am at a loss with this.

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Any help on how to get the thing off would be appreciated. I've then got to figure out how to get the new one on................

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
The plate that is attached to the door will flip off with a small screwdriver or sharp implement as it is only a thin metal cover or they might slide off by being pushed towards the fridge .........
The screws that hold the handle on will be underneath it.....
smiley-wink.gif

Pictures25_04_2012323.jpg

Untitled.jpg
smiley-laughing.gif

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Will have a go at that tomorrow, have got clumsy - itis today, I threw a full jar of coffee on the floor, took a chunk out of my finger with a cardboard box and rubbed bleach in my eye, so not risking it tonight.

Thanks for all your help Sprocket

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts