Leisure Battery Charger Problems

Apr 28, 2021
Visit site
Hi, just joined the forum and hoping that someone can suggest possible solutions.
I have a 4 year old Sprite Major which is fitted with a Sargent PX300 leisure charger. When the battery is fully charged the control panel shows 13.6v which is as it should.
The problem arises when I use the water pump, the control panel initially shows the battery charging at around 14.2 and drops back to 13.6 as it should, the battery charger then cuts out completely. I have to turn the charger off and back on again to get the charger back into the charging state. I have had a new battery fitted and there doesn’t appear to be any loose connections on the charger or ECU.
Any suggestions?

Mar 17, 2023
Visit site
Did you find the cause of this fault?
I have the exact same thing going on.
I emailed Sargent and, although they replied, just advised to get it looked at.
Thanks

Jan 20, 2023
Visit site
I had the same issue on a previous 2016 Swift, the charger was replaced under warranty and the problem was resolved

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Did you find the cause of this fault?
I have the exact same thing going on.
I emailed Sargent and, although they replied, just advised to get it looked at.
Thanks
Hello gcamm, and welcome to the forum. I'm sorry to read you have the same symptoms as the OP, . Because the age of this thread and there was no further comments added, it's reasonable safe to assume the advice given back in 2021 was followed and the difficulty was resolved.

As you have already been given the advice to contact Sargent (who have been helpful in many past situations), I wondering if you have done so?

with electronic devices, unless you are experienced with working with them, it unlikely to be a DIY fix.

Please let us know when and how your fault is resolved as it all helps to expand the knowledge base of the forum and it might help others in the future.

Apr 28, 2021
Visit site
Hello gcamm, and welcome to the forum. I'm sorry to read you have the same symptoms as the OP, . Because the age of this thread and there was no further comments added, it's reasonable safe to assume the advice given back in 2021 was followed and the difficulty was resolved.

As you have already been given the advice to contact Sargent (who have been helpful in many past situations), I wondering if you have done so?

with electronic devices, unless you are experienced with working with them, it unlikely to be a DIY fix.

Please let us know when and how your fault is resolved as it all helps to expand the knowledge base of the forum and it might help others in the future.
Hi,
The issue was very frustrating, when I put the van in for service they changed the battery charger, carried out lots of tests but the problem was never resolved.
I eventually traded the van in for a new one. Sorry I can’t help

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts