Leisure battery. Gas. And electric.

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I appreciate your concern. But why would they be allowed to claim for indoor use? And small work spaces. Living rooms. Etc.. most reviews seem great. But you now have me wondering. Would burning the gas with the truma not be the same?
The description on the page for the heater is in my view highly misleading. Whether the user instructions are better I do not know. But this heater is simply unapprovable for use in a caravan, as it is not room sealed.

The Truma gas burning heaters that are specifically designed and fully approved for use in caravans must be what is called "room sealed"
1699656812030.png
This means the heater is effectively a tube that draws air for combustion directly from underneath the caravan, and the exhaust end of the tube also only discharges the flue products outside above the roof of the caravan. This prevents any of the flue gasses from entering the living space of the caravan. The heat from burning gas is transferred to the living space by using a heat exchanger, so you only get hot air from the heat exchanger inside the caravan.

Due to the finned heat exchanger the efficiency of the Truma heaters is exceptionally high. And because it uses a thermostatically controlled gas valve, its heat out put will adapt to the prevailing weather conditions. It is also safe to be used over night if necessary

Get your heater checked or serviced by a mobile AWS guy who will ensure its working safely.

Reactions: otherclive
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Surely anyway flame on an appliance will consumer the oxygen in the room and you will go to sleep and never wake up?

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Biethanol costs about £3 a litre. You can work out your potential costs but on average it could be £6 per day. The initial outlay is not cheap.
Rather than reinventing the wheel I’d follow the Prof’s advice and get your own built in systems working safely. After all some very clever people designed them to operate in the caravan environment.

TRENDING THREADS