Leisure Battery Not Holding Charge

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
Hi All

Just spent our first weekend in the van and storm Katie did not get the better of us, enjoyed it and stayed dry!

One issue though. The leisure battery does not hold it's charge. It's a 2001 Swift with the ESM2 module - http://www.expluginsteve.co.uk/userimages/ESM-and-ESM2-Shop(3009647).htm

Also when on mains and with no leisure battery, the 12V system does not work.

Checked all fuses and they are fine.

I can only assume the charging circuit of the unit is not working as I understand with this unit the 12V system should work even without the battery.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Shaun

Nov 5, 2006
Visit site
with the EHU disconnected check across the pos & neg terminals of the battery leads & make note of the reading .reconnect the EHU & recheck ,you should get 13.8vdc if you dont then its possible that the charger is at fault .
there is usually an inline fuse between the charger & battery ,if this has blown it could also cause the same fault

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Sadly not too much info here.Depending on how quick battery loses power you might try removing the Front of the radio ,this has been an issue many times .
Sir Roger.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
SirRogerFFS said:
Sadly not too much info here.Depending on how quick battery loses power you might try removing the Front of the radio ,this has been an issue many times .
Sir Roger.

If I removed the front of my radio the Mrs would start singing...not good :whistle:

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Oh Well next thing then is remove Mrs Gaga.At what point are you losing charge Kev,Is it when Van is left or all the time .unattended.If its when it unattended then it maybe radio front. or could it be battery charger not doing its job?Im back home now got to get a new gas regulator for one part of my holiday problems. Water still a big issue Wifey and myself will be back at the van tomorrow looking for the water problem again . Hope you get sorted Kev or I can see us standing our vans side by side and having a nice bonfire

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts