Aug 30, 2023
Visit site
Hello,
We have a Luna Clubman and purchased a new battery before our last trip in July.
We have had the battery at home trickle charging as not away again until this weekend and we have been down to the storage site to connect all up and get her ready to go however the battery works for the motor mover but not inside the caravan itself.
We have disconnected the motor mover, checked all fuses, checked system shutdown etc but still getting no power in the van or on the display panel at all.

Does anyone have any ideas please?
Hoping this is one of those really easy caravan things that you don't come across unless you need it!

TIA

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
The obvious culprit is the 20 amp inline fuse under the bunk behind the battery box. This fuse feeds all 12volt but not the mover.

Follow the live lead from the back of the box. It should be within 2 feet.

Oh, and welcome to the forum.

John

Aug 30, 2023
Visit site
The obvious culprit is the 20 amp inline fuse under the bunk behind the battery box. This fuse feeds all 12volt but not the mover.

Follow the live lead from the back of the box. It should be within 2 feet.

Oh, and welcome to the forum.

John
Hi John,

We found this last night and checked it - doesn't show any signs of being blown - the confusion continues 😂

And thank you

Aug 30, 2023
Visit site
If you have a multi metre, that fuse is a great place to start doing checks for voltage.

John
We've got one but it's got lots of settings with unfortunately few instructions so we gave it a go last night but nothing picking up. Going to try and download the manual for it and try again tomorrow.
Sally

Aug 30, 2023
Visit site
That might just be the numbers on it. I've ordered the one we took out and checked between the main board and the battery

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230830_181724_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20230830_181724_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    318.8 KB · Views: 10
May 10, 2020
Visit site
There are better qualified people on this forum than me but there is nothing in a caravan that merits that kind of amperage fuse. Something out of wack here I think.

Reactions: ProfJohnL
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
We've got a similar casing but midi inline fuse- looks like this
I can only guess that you are tracking the positive feed to the motor move which can have a very high draw on start-up. Possibly around 100 amps. You are looking for the 20 amp fuse which protects the whole 12 volt system.

You should find two wires coming from the positive terminal on the battery and out of the back of the battery box. One will be much heavier than the other. That’s the mover. You want the other one.

John

Reactions: RogerL
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Have you switched on the 12v system as it is a separate switch to the other switches? The motor mover will still work if the 12v switch is in the off position.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Welcome to the Forum Sally.
The fuse image you posted is without doubt the type used on my Powrtouch mover rated correctly at 125 amps. It is nothing to do with the Lunar‘s 12 v system.
I understand why you are struggling with the multimeter. Why not use the good old fashioned wire and bulb in screwdriver tester?
Connect the wire end to the negative battery terminal.Then touch the positive battery terminal with the probe. Light or no light?Now inch by inch follow the non motor mover red cable until you reach the 20 amp fuse.They can be anywhere but usually will be less than 12 inches from the battery and more commonly inside the battery compartment..All good both sides of the fuse ? Then keep going following the cable to probably the charger 12v box of tricks.
Basically you are following the exact path of the current in an ordered fashion. Hope this helps.

Reactions: Beachball

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts