Les Hautes Coutures

May 30, 2006
Visit site
Has anyone stayed at this site,we are looking at this site for a large family get together the end of May,normaly i take the caravan over but this time we are all taking tents,there will be approx 25 of us,so i would like to know if the sanitary facilities are ok, and if the pitches are large enough to take 8 man tents.

Thanks if you can help.

Apr 30, 2008
Visit site
We were there a couple of weeks ago, on a 2 night stopover on our way home. We were directed to the part of the park next to the canal, which i assumed they used only for stopovers until we got talking to someone who was there for 2 weeks (in a caravan). There were also a number of tents. The pitches in the main were big enough for large tents, (many of the caravans there for 1 night just reversed onto their pitches and left the car hitched ready for a quick getaway the next day.)

The sanitary facilities on this part were fairly basic, 4 toilets, 2 (i think) showers and 1 washing up sink all housed in a sort of portakabin. Presumably there as a temporary arrangement for the increased seasonal traffic. The permanent blocks weren't too far away though and they had excellent facilities.

There must be other parts of the site used for tourers though because we were in the restaurant and saw 2 units come in, heading for that area, later to reappear and go down a different road to another area of the site.

One thing you would have to bear in mind, particularly if you are in a tent, is that there can be very late arrivals and early departures depending on the ferry timetables, for instance, we were up at 5am ready to leave by 6am for the ferry port. I can imagine the constant crunch of gravel for that half an hour or so would have spoiled the tenter's lie ins.

Wherever you end up, have a lovely time, i love big family gatherings.

May 30, 2006
Visit site
We were there a couple of weeks ago, on a 2 night stopover on our way home. We were directed to the part of the park next to the canal, which i assumed they used only for stopovers until we got talking to someone who was there for 2 weeks (in a caravan). There were also a number of tents. The pitches in the main were big enough for large tents, (many of the caravans there for 1 night just reversed onto their pitches and left the car hitched ready for a quick getaway the next day.)

The sanitary facilities on this part were fairly basic, 4 toilets, 2 (i think) showers and 1 washing up sink all housed in a sort of portakabin. Presumably there as a temporary arrangement for the increased seasonal traffic. The permanent blocks weren't too far away though and they had excellent facilities.

There must be other parts of the site used for tourers though because we were in the restaurant and saw 2 units come in, heading for that area, later to reappear and go down a different road to another area of the site.

One thing you would have to bear in mind, particularly if you are in a tent, is that there can be very late arrivals and early departures depending on the ferry timetables, for instance, we were up at 5am ready to leave by 6am for the ferry port. I can imagine the constant crunch of gravel for that half an hour or so would have spoiled the tenter's lie ins.

thanks for the info, i'm sure the place will be fine, it's only for 5 nights.

thanks again.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site

Stayed at this site last night as a stopover for early ferry home, the part of the site by the canal is the only area where you would be able to pitch your tents but last night was full of us all heading home or arriving off the late ferry heading south.

This is the fith time I have used this site and although it has been upgraded over the last two years this is definatly not a site I would use for a holiday, the only thing it has going for it is location,location, location.

There is lots of WW12 history in the area and the Pegasus bridge museum is only a ten minute walk out the back gate of the site along the canal.

The site owners have become wise to people using this site and is very expensive for something that resembles the transit camps used by the French officials at Calais.

Do yourself a big favour look elswhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wayne.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts