Les Julien, La Garangeorie

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
Hi We to are about to book this site. Are you booking direct with the site or going through a company we have worked prices out and we have found it will be cheaper to go direct as we ususally do, although when I emailed the site they said they weren't taking booking till october? yet when I got a price from select sites they told me that the site was almost booked up. Where hoping to go from 10th august till 25th august 16 nites, all I can say is every site I've been on the site is very highly recommended after our holiday in Brittany this year from being the only english for the 1st week and with a 13 yr old and 2 younger this sounds like the site we need tracy~

Mar 15, 2006
Visit site
Hi We to are about to book this site. Are you booking direct with the site or going through a company we have worked prices out and we have found it will be cheaper to go direct as we ususally do, although when I emailed the site they said they weren't taking booking till october? yet when I got a price from select sites they told me that the site was almost booked up. Where hoping to go from 10th august till 25th august 16 nites, all I can say is every site I've been on the site is very highly recommended after our holiday in Brittany this year from being the only english for the 1st week and with a 13 yr old and 2 younger this sounds like the site we need tracy~
Hi Tracy

I never got around to booking it today, I have been so busy. We were also going to book via Select sites, because they knew of a campite which was open late near to the port in France for us to spend the night before going on down to this site the next day.

Which crossing was you thinking of doing? We were going to do the Portsmouth to Caen.

I wouldn't mind doing it myself, because I worked in a Travel Agents, it's just knowing a site which will stay open late in Caen to let us get our heads down.

Are you from South Wales?

The Plotter

Thank you for that info, I never noticed it. I have been trying to find recent postings on various things, but when I go to the search it won't bring anything up, even with a wildcard.

Is anyone else having the same problem?

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
Hi Allyson, We travelled with Transmanche ferries this year Newhaven- dieppe 4 hr crossing for 2 adults 3 kids mpv and 8mtr caravan return crossing with cabin each way the total price was only

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
This excellent site has many repeat bookings (people book for the following year whilst on site) also many of the holiday companies (like Select sites - Eurocamp Indpendent etc.)have block allocations, which can take up more pitches so it pays to get in early if you book direct. Worth checking out costs as dependent upon where you cross from, some of the holiday companies get better deals on ferry crossing than you can get direct

Jul 31, 2006
Visit site
Allyson,

Below the gist of my reply to the same question on page two of this topic.

my wife & I have just returned from 2 weeks at La Garangeoire & I can whole heartedly endorse all of the comments so far.

The site is listed as 4* but in my humble opinion it is much better than that.

I stayed on one of the Grand comfort pitches & it was HUGE.

Best toilets & showers I have ever come across, cleaned to perfection at least twice a day.

Site was clean & well presented, and at the time of our stay the CC&C club annuall rally was there as well. Spoke to many people, English, Dutch, Belgian & French, no one had an advrese comment about the site.

Oh & by the way, if you book directly with them they don't ask for the remainder untill the day before you leave! how quaint old fashioned & trusting is that?

I booked direct with La Garangeoire & with Euro tunnel & the costs were as follows:-

2 weeks Grand comfort pitch e273 1st 2 weeks of sept.

Tunnel;

Mar 15, 2006
Visit site
Allyson,

Below the gist of my reply to the same question on page two of this topic.

my wife & I have just returned from 2 weeks at La Garangeoire & I can whole heartedly endorse all of the comments so far.

The site is listed as 4* but in my humble opinion it is much better than that.

I stayed on one of the Grand comfort pitches & it was HUGE.

Best toilets & showers I have ever come across, cleaned to perfection at least twice a day.

Site was clean & well presented, and at the time of our stay the CC&C club annuall rally was there as well. Spoke to many people, English, Dutch, Belgian & French, no one had an advrese comment about the site.

Oh & by the way, if you book directly with them they don't ask for the remainder untill the day before you leave! how quaint old fashioned & trusting is that?

I booked direct with La Garangeoire & with Euro tunnel & the costs were as follows:-

2 weeks Grand comfort pitch e273 1st 2 weeks of sept.

Tunnel;

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts