Let's clean up the forum

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
I'm sure everyone has been watching the antics of a few forum users - who may not be using this forum in the way it was intended!

The main complaints made by the majority of users mainly concern the hi-jacking of serious threads, which then deteriorate into pointless bickering.

Another cause for concern is the way a few forum users cannot conduct a debate without resorting to personal abuse and insult.

Then came the icing on the cake when a couple of users changed their nickname to that of other users (including the Moderator!) for reasons we can only guess at. Enough is enough!

From now on I would ask all contributors to stay strictly on target when responding to a thread, even resisting the temptation to throw in a witty remark.

Those who want to engage in banter or debate issues not covered by the other forum titles should do so in the Chit Chat forum. Still observing forum etiquette, naturally.

The publishers of PCV are determined to take a firm stand in the future, and those who persistently abuse our forum will have their membership terminated.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I could not agree more, the situation is getting silly and I have decided not to reply to these stupid and insulting comments to try and kill the stupid parts to the thread.

Please Moderator do something about this sooner rather than later.

Rob

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
I could not agree more, the situation is getting silly and I have decided not to reply to these stupid and insulting comments to try and kill the stupid parts to the thread.

Please Moderator do something about this sooner rather than later.

Rob
As far as I am aware everyone has respected my plea for an end to the distracting banter.

I'd love to go back and delete all previous irrelevant posts, but it's a matter of degree. How to decide exactly which one should be deleted and which not. It could just lead to more arguments over whether it was seriously intended or not, "Yes it is", "No it isn't" stuff.

From now on, irrelevant and off-subject posts will be deleted. We'll just have to ignore all the past problems and let them fade away into the archives.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
As far as I am aware everyone has respected my plea for an end to the distracting banter.

I'd love to go back and delete all previous irrelevant posts, but it's a matter of degree. How to decide exactly which one should be deleted and which not. It could just lead to more arguments over whether it was seriously intended or not, "Yes it is", "No it isn't" stuff.

From now on, irrelevant and off-subject posts will be deleted. We'll just have to ignore all the past problems and let them fade away into the archives.
Surely we should not lose sight of the fact that what is debated here is a leisure pastime and as such has a lot of humour attached to it. One accepts that there is a serious side as well but as long as the abuse and bickering is eliminated then what harm is there in friendly banter a verbal knockabout?

Take this out of the equation and it becomes a dull, boring site inhabited by a load of "caravanning anoraks".

I am sure that's not what's intended............

That would be a massive shame.

Vic

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Excellent ! Hope all the nuisance comments and remarks stop now. I used to visit this site quite a lot as I found it really helpful and there are topics on here completely different to on other caravan chat forums. However, since all these daft threads have been put on it seemed a complete waste of time even looking.

I do still look occassionally but will come back more often if it gets back on track. Let's hope so, be a shame if it got ruined !

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site

Have to agree with Vic here. The normal light-hearted banter has stopped too and along with it a lot of discussion. How about instead of a chitchat room (lets be honest, who needs a room full of jokes?) have an adult room, where allowing for forum rules you can express your ideas and thoughts. People who don't want to hear or read all that "drivel", will know to stay clear and those with a little passion have a place to go. I don't want a room that isn't "moderated", just a place where a little banter takes place, admit it. posts are a little boring now, are they not....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts