Levelling ramps v wooden blocks

Jun 25, 2005
Visit site
Hi

Had an interesting conversation with my brother and mother yesterday about what's used under the caravan wheel to level side to side. We use levelling ramps and have done for past 9 years, brother uses blocks of wood with his van, Mum says my dad always used blocks of wood. Interested in what others use / prefer.

Many thanks in advance

Feb 26, 2010
Visit site
We have both wooden blocks and plastic leveling ramps (left over from motorhoming days) - we prefer the wooden ones as we find that the plastic ones have a tendency to slip away if used on gravel or the dreaded "plastic in the grass" so called hard standings favoured by some sites.

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
i use blocks as i jack up to the higth needed,i got ramps but its hard to find the righthight with out getting in and out of car .Also if you need to pull forward to un hitch it can be a problem.

Jun 25, 2005
Visit site
Hi

Thanks for your comments. I was picked up some wood from mum's, showed OH last night - we're going to take both wooden blocks and the ramps with us next week. We too have experienced slipping sometimes when using the ramps so will decide which to use when we arrive.

Sep 15, 2006
Visit site
The Fiamma multi level plastic 'lego' blocks were the best of both worlds, and perfect for levelling a single axle fitted with an Alko lock (use two sets and you end up with a flat surface about 12 inches long, which lets you move the caravan back or forward to line the lock up).

Alas, they stopped making them about the same time the Alko lock came out!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts