Lewis Hamilton,World Champion

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
First class racing all season from Lewis Hamilton and at such a young age.

I'm really surprised that Ferrari couldn't find a reason to rob him of the title ! I got nervous when he couldn't get the steeling wheel back on his car after the race - an FIA requirement.

Bill

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
I am over the moon for Lewis, this morning i turned to all stations to see comments and got a bit shocked when a presenter said about being black ,now why on earth is a comment said about colour, . I will end this as i am getting wound up again just thinking about it.

Apr 22, 2006
Visit site
Robert if you ever happen to walkdown any paddock at most forms of motorsport you will understand why he mentioned it.

By the way what about Sebastian Loeb winning a fifth world rally championship.

Oct 19, 2008
Visit site
Well done to Glock for pulling over to allow the Englishman not British man win.I really hope that as a British racing driver he does well in the future but please,please will someone remind the commentators of this fact.Here's hoping that the rest of the field raises the bar for next season.Our I will only watch the superbikes and moto gp where the commentators understand the difference.English if your a winner,Scottish,Irish or Welsh if your a loser.Look at Andy Murray for the last three tennis tournaments he's been British,lost last one now he's Scottish again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
Well I got to hug Lewis and it was a fantastic night in Sao Paulo. RIP Betfair and Paddy Power until next season, we've had a massive season :)

Fantastic win for Lewi after a terrible season of FIA manipulation.

The formula1.com web site lets you run the race timing the same as the pit lane haveduring the race. The timing was clearly showed Yarno and his team mate Timo Glocks times tumbling on the last two laps due to being on dry weather tyres.

Toyota's telemetry is subject to scrutinisation and Glock would have to have very different readings to Yarno Trulli's if he'd deliberately slowed. That was not the case and their lap times were roughly the same in the final two laps due to not changing their tyres like the leading cars.

Trulli had no reason to slow, so the lap times for Toyota can only be down to gambling on little rain and a win on dry tyres. That didn't happen!

Triker and others who make wild silly non factual comments should just learn about F1 and use the tools available to them

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Well done to Glock for pulling over to allow the Englishman not British man win.I really hope that as a British racing driver he does well in the future but please,please will someone remind the commentators of this fact.Here's hoping that the rest of the field raises the bar for next season.Our I will only watch the superbikes and moto gp where the commentators understand the difference.English if your a winner,Scottish,Irish or Welsh if your a loser.Look at Andy Murray for the last three tennis tournaments he's been British,lost last one now he's Scottish again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Technically by being English, Welsh, Scottish, or from N Ireland, you are automatically Britsh. But also now European as well.

Dec 23, 2006
Visit site
Triker,

Glock did not move over to let Lewis pass. You obviously do not understand how F1 tyres operate." Dry weather" tyres have to reach a certain temp to be efficient.When it rains all the cars have to slow down, especially the cars on dry tyres. Over a very short time dry tyres, due to slowing down and water on the track rapidly lose grip and the car becomes virtually undriveable. This is what happened to Glock. As a result Mclaren would be able to calculate very quickly at what point on the track Lewis should be able to pass Glock. This is why Mclaren told Lewis over the radio not to lose it trying to pass Vettel as he only had to pass Glock.

Toyota took a gamble and it failed.To suggest otherwise is an insult to both Lewis and Glock.

Congratulations Lewis, the weather may have come to your aid at the end but your team had the courage to change your tyres. That is raceing and you are a worthy World Champion.

Hamer

G

Not really a 'proper' sport like Football, Rugby, Cricket and Tennis though is it, more in the class of Darts and Snooker.

Jun 12, 2006
Visit site
I'm not going to congratulate Lewis until atleast christmas, the FIA have done everything in their power to prevent him from winning this championship I feel there's a big "BUT" coming along, probably still a stewards inquiry going on somewhere, 5 times they have punished him this season i'm pretty sure there's going to be a sixth, they just never wanted him to win it.

Personally I could hardly watch the end, i've lost even more hair now.

Apr 23, 2007
Visit site
I am over the moon for Lewis, this morning i turned to all stations to see comments and got a bit shocked when a presenter said about being black ,now why on earth is a comment said about colour, . I will end this as i am getting wound up again just thinking about it.
Because he is....

I assume he is the first black man to win F1?

You being offended by it just adds to the PC debate where we don't even acknowledge ones colour. Its not racist you know to do so.

Mar 2, 2006
Visit site
who said that then,

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

I think this just helps prove my long held belief - that Brits are simply fantastic at sports where you can sit down.

At the Olympics think of all the medals won at cycling, rowing, and sailing, the sailplane world championships with five of the seven golds won by Brits, and of course F1...

Robert

May 21, 2008
Visit site
First of all congratulations to Lewis for what was a brilliant drive. He clearly demonstrated the driving skills required to crown someone the best in the world.

I'm sure the FIA are trawling all the data to try to peal his well earned title away and I'm equally sure Ferrari are spitting bullets having hampered his progress for the last two seasons, with all their technicalities.

All that demonstrates is pure bad sportsmanship on the part of Ferrari.

The true sportsman is Mr Hamilton. The man who can stay calm in the face of adversity to produce the goods in exacting time, to sting Ferrari right up their red exhaust as they are dancing in the pits.

A big well done to Ron, Lewis and the team behind the car, as all those unsung heros of the engineering department also deserve a slice of appreciation.

Steve L.

(tool maker and experimental engineer by trade)

Nov 29, 2007
Visit site
I like the way this thread is going.

I play darts on Thursday nights and can now tell Mrs Chrisbee that I've been taking part in a sporting event and I am not the portly drunkard she thinks I am!

Nov 4, 2004
Visit site
You have got to see the formala-f1.com website.The Ferari mechanic headbutting the garage panel after they found out that Lewis had won is a classic.

Well done Lewis at least you beat the Ferari's.Very good driver in the best car,hats off to Vettel and Alonso as they werent in the best cars.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts