Lez Eaux near Granville

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Have just returned from a great holiday in France and decided to stop over at Lez Eaux at St Pair Sur Mer, near Granville on our way back to Cherbourg. We booked on the internet which was very efficent no problems at all. We arrived at the site around 6.00 pm and were shown to our pitch which was really nice. The site, being a member of the Castels group, was excellent. I understand that the Castels Group are very similar to the Best of british Group in the UK which also have a great choice of top sites. However we did have to pay 45 euros for the one night stay which shows just how much top sites are charging in France today. But the thing that really bugged me was on the following morning after waiting in a queue for about 20 mins in the shop for some bread I was then asked for my name and had I ordered the day before, which I had not because no one had told me about it so no bread. As we were leaving shortly after we had to go without. I know it is not a big deal but you would have thought such a top site would have been able to bake enough for all especially at 45 euros a night. Most sites I have stayed on in France seem to estimate what they may sell after which it is hard luck if they run out but normally this works ok.

As I say I would recommend this site to anyone because it is quite nice but at the price charged you have the right to expect the best in all respects

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
We got ripped there a few years ago. Decided to stay an extra night and they charged us 10euros that was about 7 years ago.

Jul 16, 2007
Visit site
We stayed here in mid June and paid 15 euros a night, thanks to ACSI Card. Excellent site for us, peaceful and large pitches. We were told when we booked in that if we wanted bread, as they buy it in, then you have to pre-order. We found their shop expensive, but there's a large supermarket about 2kms away.

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
The 10 eros wasn't the extra charge for staying on the pitch, oh no no no.

It's what they charged us on top, ADMINISTRATION.

On all the castel (or any campsite) sites we have stayed on we have never been charged because we wanted to stay longer.

RIP OFF

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts