Lib Dems!!!

May 25, 2005
Visit site
The Lib Dems have just come up with a vote cruncher!!! The news has just been announced (BBC news 12 noon) that if elected they would put car tax - the figure quoted is £2000 per year!!! Obviously, they have no wish govern this country!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hopefully it's just another Senior Lib Dem not taking enough water with it.

If not they have just lost whatever credibility they had after having a drunk for a leader, and their fair share of scandal.

Being reasonably close geographically to Winchester where the "rent boys" scandal is still buzzing, I certainly feel that this is a desperate act of a party that has truly lost its way and is panicking to get the most extreme "green" vote.

The have lost it totally and utterly

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
From what I've read, the plan doesn't seem to be very well developed. Apparently it's not meant to cover all cars so which would be affected and which not? What do they mean by 'Chelsea tractors'? Is it all 4x4's or only those above a certain weight? Would it also include four wheel drive saloons or big 2 wheel drive SUV's, too? It seems that someone has thrown an idea into the discussion without giving the issue much thought. It's a case of someone opening their mouth before they switched their brain on.

On the other hand, with the ever increasing weights of caravans, we will be forced to abandoning the 85% weight ratio recommendation in the not too distant future. The technical means to increase the figure up to, say 100%, without compromising safety are available. The caravan and car industries will just have to put them into practice.

May 11, 2006
Visit site
what these idiots dont realise is the need for a car to get to work, many people have no choice as they dont live near to a bus route or if they work shifts there is no Public transport about at the necessary times

maybe one day it will be uneconomic to work?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
People on low wages (youngsters in particular) already pay more tax on the fuel they buy to get to work than that which they pay in income tax. Transport and fuel costs are beginning to dictate the career paths of some.

I do not condone it but I too would get dispondent and wonder if going on "benefit" was a better option if I went to work mainly to pay my tax bill on the fuel needed to get there.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Probably not but no doubt they know where to get the best value rent boys.

If ever they get into power no doubt the taxes we pay on our cars will go to subsidise their "alternative" lifestyles.

Jun 29, 2004
Visit site
It seems to be fashonable to strive NOT to get elected. The current incumberents, Tony and Chums, deside to apoint a new Min of Transport. Within miliseconds of his apointment he gives 10 million of our dosh to a project to find ways of further screwing, sorry must not get vulger, charging the great unwashed (you and me) for every mile they travel.

Now hands up all who will vote for Tony and Chums this time?

Was it 'Our Tony' who once talked about joined up thinking?

ttfn

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts