Lickhill Manor pitch available Easter.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Unfortunately, due to a family crisis we are unable to attend 'The Easter Meet' I have contacted Lickhill and they are happy for someone else to take our reservation.

We are booked from Thursday 13th - Monday 17th April (4 nights)with awning & EHU at a cost of £57.75

Any one wishing to take up this offer please make contact through Lisa (LMH)who has my Email address.

Sorry we're going to miss the fun. Hope you all have a good time.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Colin

I'm so sorry you won't be able to join us. I think I can speak for everyone when I say we would like to send our best wishes to you and your family and hope the crisis can be resolved.

If anyone is interested in taking Colin's place can you please email the mod and ask that your email address be forwarded to me. I will then forward that to Colin so the interested person can liaise directly with Colin regarding payment etc.

FIRST COME FIRST SERVED, SO HURRY.

Lisa

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Margaret and myself would like to register our interest as we habe now purchased an additional caravan for touring. Do we contact Lickhill direct or do we make contact via this site? If we have to go via this website, how do we go about it?

May 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi Ian ,nice to see my blanket posting caught someones eye.

You need to email the Moderator at..

pcvforum@templenet.co.uk

And ask him to pass on your email address to lisa (LMH) as you are interested in joining the Easter meet.

Hope to see you at easter

Brian

(",)

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Ian

Yes, Brian is correct, I will then contact you and pass on your email address directly to Gooner. You can liaise with Gooner regarding payment. At some stage, it might be prudent to contact Lickhill (Isobelle) to advise that you have taken Gooners place.

Look forward to meeting you at Easter.

Regards.

Lisa. (LMH)

May 4, 2005
Visit site
Ian details as follows

www.lickhillmanor.co.uk

Directors:

Denis & Karen Lloyd Jones

Managers:

David & Isabell Evans

Tel (Reception & Bookings):

01299 871041

Tel (General Office):

01299 877820

Fax:

01299 824998

Address:

Lickhill Manor Caravan Park,

Stourport-on-Severn,

Worcestershire,

DY13 8RL

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
This might work out quite well, Ian, who I presume is the same Ian that suggested Lickhill in the first place, can be the local representative, that's great! Also, if the site turns out to be a none runner, well, I'll say no more, just make sure you pack your trainers Ian ;o)

Doesn't give you long to get fancy dress sorted out though, any thoughts on what/who you and Margaret might be coming as Bud?

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
It is the very same Ian! I think we will come dressed as two fuddy duddies! Forthose that enjoy a beer or two, we can introduce you some nice pubs that do not over charge you. I cannot in all honesty recommend any eating places in Stourport although there are some very nice ones out of town. We have a Cadac skottel and as it comes from my home country we are quite flash with it. Very good for doing stir fries etc. However back in South Africa i was used for a champagne breakfast. You cooked all the sausages, bacon, tomatoes, mushrooms, prawns etc and then fried the eggs in the sauce. Delicious. This was then washed down with a glass of orange juice and champagne sparkling wine).

Later in the evening after many beers during the day in order to ease off to something lighter we would switch to a "Flying Angels" drink. This consists of a bottle of champs (sparkling wine) mixed with a half bottle of brandy.

Of course this was in my younger days, but I supposed a bit of practice may bring us back into form again. :)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for volunteering to do breakfast Ian, very decent of you!

Seems that, with your local knowledge we will be going places, namely the pub ;o) Hope the weather is inclement, so we have to take shelter in one...

I think fuddy duddies are banned at Easter though Ian, we'll put you two down for a Superman/ Loise Lane, combo!

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Ian

I have received an email from the mod. I have forwarded your email address to Gooner and I will let you have his email address too.

Regards.

Lisa

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi All,

Just to say thanks for all the goodwill messages, much appreciated. I have exchanged Emails with Ian who will be taking our booking (thanks again Ian for helping us out) & thanks to Lisa for acting as 'go between' to enable it to happen.

Right, enough thanks for one posting, must get back to being my 'grumpy old self'

Have a good meet folks.

Gooner.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Hi All,

Just to say thanks for all the goodwill messages, much appreciated. I have exchanged Emails with Ian who will be taking our booking (thanks again Ian for helping us out) & thanks to Lisa for acting as 'go between' to enable it to happen.

Right, enough thanks for one posting, must get back to being my 'grumpy old self'

Have a good meet folks.

Gooner.
Nahhhh Gooner, you're not grumpy, I'm good at sussing out grumpy people and from your past posts you certainly aren't that. Hope you sort your domestic problems and all ends happily mate.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Nahhhh Gooner, you're not grumpy, I'm good at sussing out grumpy people and from your past posts you certainly aren't that. Hope you sort your domestic problems and all ends happily mate.
Do me a favor L B, go and give Colin a good long cuddle, he has missed you bud!

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
It was very kind of Colin to allocate his pitch to us, but we have just run into another problem regarding this pitch. I have been under treatment for back pain for the past two weeks and assumed that it would eventually just go away, but the results of further tests show that the problem could be around for several weeks or more and consequently I am now off work. Unfortunately this also means that I may not be able to drive or tow due to the type of pain killers I have been prescribed.

We would like to know if there is any one else that has expressed an interest in taking over the pitch?

We can still drop in for a visit as I can still get about to a reasonable degree and we offer the loan of 2 x BBQs and Cadac if required however it is unlikely I will be able to tow the caravan up there and Margaret will not tow with my truck.

If any one else expresses an interest please let us know and we can then make the necessary arrangements. I apologise for the inconvenience, but this was totally unforeseen.

If this can be posted in other forums it would be appreciated.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
A couple of things about a wet or dry Lickhill!?

The site sits in a hollow but is well drained so only getting off up the bank presents a problem for other than 4x4's

There is no Alcohol within reasonable walking distance nor a 'club house' on site so take your own?? Gazebo's tied together worked for us!!

Other than that we had a great time...enjoy yourselves

TRENDING THREADS