Light switches

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
on our Major 6 we have three switches on the control panel above the door one controls the front lights the rear lights and bathroom , 3rd controls the dimmers is yours not similar to that ?

Edit ; on second thoughts when we had our Bailey's Orion I understand what you are saying now , we had the mains on button, the battery switch and one main light button that controled the whole lighting system .

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Tommy2704 said:
We have a bailey louire 6 berth and i need to know if there is a way to add seperate light switches to each part of the van. i.e fronts on 1 switch and back bedroom n toilet on another as the main light switch currently controls all, so turning off at night dissables all including bathroom light etc. This way the kids can use toilet at night and we can read in bed while kids asleep. I know we can switch each light off individually but thats a pain as such a lot of lights. Would love to hear your views.

I'm certain it would be possible to add switches to control groups of lights if you really wanted to, but If all the lights presently rely on individual switches at the light fitting, the wiring in the roof and walls will not readily lend itself to being reconfigured to group switching.

The disruption to expose the necessary wiring may leave visible damage to surfaces.

Whilst I appreciate what your asking, but is turning off individual lamps really such a big issue?

Aug 18, 2019
Visit site
You go around switching off 20 individual lights then to have to turn them all back on again the next night and repeat because it is an issue. I have since put a switch on the back lights in the bedroom and a seperate switch on all the front lights from the main switch. As long as i leave the main light switch on i can now use all front n backs seperatly.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
It seems you have answered your own question about fitting additional light switches :)

Camping and later caravanning was a good grounding in working with limited resources, so it was second nature for us to switch off lights when no longer needed, it didn't cramp what we did, but it certainly allowed a caravan battery to last a whole week off grid, but to be fair there were far less demands on the batteries in those days. But even today being economical and turning lights of after use would largely negate the need to go round a caravan turning off all the lights at night.

But it's each to their own preferred solutions.

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Tommy2704 said:
I got answers off another forum. Found out where all the wires were and did it within half an hr. Now its a lot easier for us and the kids.

Would you like to share the solution with us and others who might benefit?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts