LIGHTWEIGHT PANORAMA CARAVAN PORCH AWNING

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
Hi Lisa, I've got one they are very good I can put it up on my own (watching how I word this) in about 20mins I've got the XL and you can get a table and a couple of chairs in there, great for short stays.Quality is a bit of an issue,the window on mine parted company with the panel and a few of the ladder elastics have snapped.

Have a look at the Sunncamp one as well,It's dearer but looks better quality.

Roy.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Lisa, I've got one they are very good I can put it up on my own (watching how I word this) in about 20mins I've got the XL and you can get a table and a couple of chairs in there, great for short stays.Quality is a bit of an issue,the window on mine parted company with the panel and a few of the ladder elastics have snapped.

Have a look at the Sunncamp one as well,It's dearer but looks better quality.

Roy.
Hi we have a sunncamp scenic,ok for weekending,have a look on e-bay lots on there not that expensive.

Sheila

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I looked on eBay at the Sunncamp Scenic Plus Awning and by the time carriage charges were added it was virtually the same price as mail order from Towsure (www.towsure.com OR 0870 60 90070) but with the added advantage of a 12 months guarantee. The awning arrived very quickly and I used it the same weekend - it took about 15 minutes for the first erection (!!whoops) and even less to take it down. In my opinion it is good value for money - currently on offer at

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
Roy

If you get time, would you be able to look at this on ebay?

What do you think?

Also, do you think it will fit my caravan, (fleetwood garland 89)I know I should measure it but can't get over to the van till the weekend.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CLEARANCE-PANORAMA-XL-LIGHTWEIGHT-CARAVAN-PORCH-
AWNING_W0QQitemZ4577350638QQcategoryZ36798QQss

PageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks.

Lisa.
seems ok Lisa, when you say you don't know if it will fit do you mean the height? if so it is standard awning height

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
seems ok Lisa, when you say you don't know if it will fit do you mean the height? if so it is standard awning height
Hi Roy

Yes I meant the height as some of the adverts say will fit awning rail height 240CM - 255CM - I thought maybe some caravans were taller than others! (On reflection that's a bit dim)!

Thanks, I'm going to have a look on Towsure in a mo.

Are you going away for new year?

Lisa xx

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
Hi Roy

Yes I meant the height as some of the adverts say will fit awning rail height 240CM - 255CM - I thought maybe some caravans were taller than others! (On reflection that's a bit dim)!

Thanks, I'm going to have a look on Towsure in a mo.

Are you going away for new year?

Lisa xx
no, never done any winter vanning before I wouldn't mind trying it though

Sep 7, 2005
Visit site
Hi. Was just looking at one of these "quick to put up single-handed porch jobs" at Knowepark caravan sales in Livingston today, and was wondering the same thing. In particular,views from people who have used them in the strong windy conditions as we often have.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
no, never done any winter vanning before I wouldn't mind trying it though
Oh go on, bite the bullet. I once spent a weekend in a static in November. There was no heating. I woke up and thought I had died!

You'll be fine in your new van.

Lisa

Apr 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi. Was just looking at one of these "quick to put up single-handed porch jobs" at Knowepark caravan sales in Livingston today, and was wondering the same thing. In particular,views from people who have used them in the strong windy conditions as we often have.
Hi Static

The very first time we used ours it was a VERY windy weekend and it came out unscathed. Can,t say how it would be in an unusually strong wind though. They can't be compared with the more traditional type, but for convenience, ability to be quickly dried etc. they are great and I'd take a chance.

Chris

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
Oh go on, bite the bullet. I once spent a weekend in a static in November. There was no heating. I woke up and thought I had died!

You'll be fine in your new van.

Lisa
I know what you mean Lisa,trouble is trying to keep my little one entertained once it goes dark at 5pm

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Lisa we bought a Sunncamp Panorama XL from www.homesteadcaravans.co.uk and used it for the first time last week. It seems ok but a word of warning, dont buy the Quest Basecamp XL, it looks the same but is of inferior quality. I know from experience, it blew down and was a complete wreck in a moderate breeze on the fourth time of using it. The suppliers said it was classed as storm damage so wouldnt replace it.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I know what you mean Lisa,trouble is trying to keep my little one entertained once it goes dark at 5pm
Well yes, that's true and there's only so many times you can stand to watch cartoons.

Have you been on any rallies? We're venturing to one for new year. It should be ok, we can always do a runner if its a bit.... you know.

Lisa

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
Well yes, that's true and there's only so many times you can stand to watch cartoons.

Have you been on any rallies? We're venturing to one for new year. It should be ok, we can always do a runner if its a bit.... you know.

Lisa
no I've always thought they would be a bit happy campers sort of thing,not my thing I think a PC forum rally would be a good laugh though.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
no I've always thought they would be a bit happy campers sort of thing,not my thing I think a PC forum rally would be a good laugh though.
Oh Roy.

Don't say that, I'm sending my deposit off tomorrow. I think they might get suspicious if I have a migraine for the three days/nights! Don't think they'll appreciate my daughter playing her rapping rubish, my dog attacking the other dogs, my music in the car......... Oh dear. Oh, and me getting rather tipsy and speaking my mind..

lisa

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Roy

That's a good idea about a pc rally.

Shall I suggest it and see if there are any takers? What about spring time?

Lisa

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
Oh Roy.

Don't say that, I'm sending my deposit off tomorrow. I think they might get suspicious if I have a migraine for the three days/nights! Don't think they'll appreciate my daughter playing her rapping rubish, my dog attacking the other dogs, my music in the car......... Oh dear. Oh, and me getting rather tipsy and speaking my mind..

lisa
That's what I mean Lisa I get the feeling if you had a skinfull at a rally no-one would speak to you the next day, anyway I'm off to the pub speak to you soon, Roy x

Sep 7, 2005
Visit site
Hi Static

The very first time we used ours it was a VERY windy weekend and it came out unscathed. Can,t say how it would be in an unusually strong wind though. They can't be compared with the more traditional type, but for convenience, ability to be quickly dried etc. they are great and I'd take a chance.

Chris
Thanks Chris,I might take a chance as, like you say they are convenient and easy to try and pack up and dry off.I wonder though if a tie down could be used.

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
Roy

That's a good idea about a pc rally.

Shall I suggest it and see if there are any takers? What about spring time?

Lisa
good idea Lisa,it would certainly do no harm to ask the question. I can see it now with all the 4x4's in a circle in the middle of the site with Kanga leading the charge for the anti's and Clive leading the defence.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts