LIGHTWEIGHT PANORAMA CARAVAN PORCH AWNING

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
good idea Lisa,it would certainly do no harm to ask the question. I can see it now with all the 4x4's in a circle in the middle of the site with Kanga leading the charge for the anti's and Clive leading the defence.
Hi Roy

I'll run it by the mod.

It would be a laugh though, gunfight at the OK coral comes to mind.

I totally agree with you about the pro's and anti's. As long as I can get to the bar, I don't mind who I step over!!

Lisa xx

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We just bought the Sunncamp XL yesterday and will use it for the first time in a couple of weeks time. It looks pretty good quality and has had some good reviews. Towsure have reduced the price at the moment and also doing 10% off but unfortunately had no XL in stock (plenty of the small ones) so we bought from a local dealer in the end.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I guess BigRoy had a BaseCamp because my peg straps also broke - Roy called them ladder elastics and thats all they are, not much thicker than an elastic band in places. Two of mine snapped, the moderate breeze got underneath and the whole lot went after the fourth time of using it, steer well clear of the Quest BaseCamp XL. I ordered a Sunncamp but there was none in stock but was told by Awnings Direct& Tents Too of Newcastle upon Tyne that they were the same so they sent me a BaseCamp, they are the same BUT IN SHAPE ONLY.I can guarantee you that the supplier wont be sympathetic when it does get damaged through poor quality, usual crap they come out with, " sorry, its storm damage", ask Sid of Awnings Direct. The Sunncamp elastics are the normal ones you buy for any awning, also the draught sheet that goes along the bottom awning channel is a lot longer on the Sunncamp and they give you a spare length of pole to. The storage bag is a lot larger, far superior quality all round.

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
Not the basecamp M'Lord I've got the Panorama XL

I bought it from Homestead caravans who where very good and replaced the damaged panel by return post.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi

Thanks for all your help.

In the end, I've bought a Sunncamp Scenic Porch Awning (not the large one as I didn't want a larger porch awning).

It hasn't arrived yet. Should arrive on Monday. I bought it from a website and the carriage was only

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Lisa we bought a Sunncamp Panorama XL from www.homesteadcaravans.co.uk and used it for the first time last week. It seems ok but a word of warning, dont buy the Quest Basecamp XL, it looks the same but is of inferior quality. I know from experience, it blew down and was a complete wreck in a moderate breeze on the fourth time of using it. The suppliers said it was classed as storm damage so wouldnt replace it.
Noticed you mentioned Homestead Caravans. In our local evening paper they are advertising a ten day sale from tomorrow (30th) 20% off most of their 6000 lines with few exceptions inc. awnings, porches & tents, could pick up a bargain.

Oct 9, 2005
Visit site
Hi

Thanks for all your help.

In the end, I've bought a Sunncamp Scenic Porch Awning (not the large one as I didn't want a larger porch awning).

It hasn't arrived yet. Should arrive on Monday. I bought it from a website and the carriage was only

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts