Like us enough to really 'like' us?

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Hello forum folk,

This is my second post which may make me worthy of a drumroll surely?
I'm going to be popping up here quite a bit and also on our Twitter feed and Facebook page. If you are on Facebook, you can find us at: https://www.facebook.com/practicalcaravan and you'll be able to catch up on the latest behind the scenes news, new products and chat.

We have lots of exciting plans in the pipeline and we really want you to be part of it all so, if you want to like us that little bit more, you can 'like' us on Facebook too.

Bring on the weekend!

Clare

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
sorry but came orf facebook as different people kept asking to be my friend and I didn't know who they were and had to ask another friend who they were and even when I'd been told who they were I didn't recall them so didn't want them as friends and after a while it all got rather too much, farmville was fun though!!

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Jeremy Kyle doesn't like FaceBook so I don't either in case anyone off his shows wants to be my friend
smiley-frown.gif

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
We avoid social sites like Facebook and Twitter for the reasons given above. Why is it assumed that because you are on the Internet you must belong to Twitter or Facebook type website. The majority of Internet users do not use either.

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Cant understand why people dont like facebook.

You set the security settings to your liking, You only accept requests from close family and freinds or practical caravan lol.

You then log in to keep updated with only those close too you.

My parents have only just started carananing in their 70's but I love going online, as my dad has figured out how to take photos with his phone and post straight to facebook - we get almost instant updates of how they are doing and photos of anything their upto.
So much better than a postcard.

Ive joined P.C. on facebook, i dont mind finding out first hand whats new and exciting and following some of the news, info & tours ie the start of the P.C. trip to Ireland.

cheers
John

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I too am not on Facebook. Having seen on TV adverts that cornflakes and yogurt are, I am thinking of joining so I can talk to something less intelligent than myself for a change.
smiley-wink.gif

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
starlight dj said:
Cant understand why people dont like facebook.

We can't understand why people would want to be on Facebook and then also get addicted to it. Although I may be a grumpy old sod, I prefer to converse with my friends, face to face, by telephone or by email. Then of course there is Skype. Facebook has nothing to offer us. Why would we want to look up friends from years ago?
If you enjoy Facebook and it floats your boat, go for it, but we have better things to do with our lives. LOL!

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
hi,
nothing wrong with facebook its a fantastic medium.
its all there for you to use as you wish. you don't have to spend any more time on it than anything else.
one of the best bits for me is keeping in touch with my family from around the world and sharing the pics etc.
live and let live you don't have to knock everything just because it doesn't work for you....
nick

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
The best bit about not using facebook is the avoiding family and friends. Grumpy YOUNGSTERS like me prefer it like that!! It's as pointless as Christmas cards!

PR

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
I am on Facebook. Never post anything on it at all, but it is usefull to see what others are doing. When I was employed we had to warn colleagues about inappropriate postings on there.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Clare, as you can see opinion on Facebook is somewhat divided on the forum but not to worry, I'd say that it's more of a generational thing rather than normally happy forum members being grumpy.
I use both Facebook and Twitter from time to time and they work for me but I control what I receive, who I befriend and what I reveal about myself. I steer well clear of those farmville type games and any requests connected with them, and devote just a little time to finding out what my rather naughty grown up sons are really up to
smiley-surprised.gif

I've clicked 'Like' for Practical Caravan because there are some PCv related things on Facebook that are not immediately visible on this website and I like to keep up to date, but at 60 I'm one of the forum youngsters which may be why I'm so receptive to new ideas.
smiley-cool.gif

Each to their own, I can understand why some forumites don't think much of Facebook and not many over 50s communicate regularly via FB so fair play to you for trying, and for grasping the nettle and posting on the forum
smiley-laughing.gif

Aug 2, 2006
Visit site
Voice of reason as ever Parksy!

We find the people who like Practical Caravan as a magazine, those who like the website and forum and those on FB are not neccesarily all the same people - we love to be loved and we do our best to be everywhere. We just want everyone to know there is more than one way to enjoy PC - and there are different things on all of them.

Incidentally, FB is very good for keeping up with the PC office on a day-to-day basis, where you can see the absurb joy that is working here! Handy for me in Ireland at present, keeping an eye on what they are all up to!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts