'Littlesea', a Haven site in Weymouth, Dorset.

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
Hi all,

Happy New Year!

Can anyone who has been to this site let me know more about their experience there?

We've booked a seaview pitch for our July holiday because it just looks so great for the children but it's always nice to get some more opinions of sites people have been to.

Any more info would be great!

Thanks

Elaine

Jul 11, 2006
Visit site
Hi Elaine

We have stayed at Littlesea lots of times over the last few years.

The touring wardens Jan and Ken and very good and look after the site very well the washblock is only a few years old and they keep it very clean. The seaview pitches have a water tap,ehu and a tv connection for each pitch,but no waste.When we were there in october Jan said they were going to put the play area for small children back so you dont have to go to the main complex, the showbar gets very full and is really too small for the size of park,they are doing more changes to the main complex over this winter so I cant say what that will be like.The pitches are not a bad size but like most commercial sites you could always do with a bit more room. The site is on top of a hill and can be VERY windy but lets hope in july you will have good weather. Weymouth is great for the children with plenty do do on the beach but the traffic around the town center can be very bad, the parking is also quite expensive, you can take a bus straight from the park to the seafront but we had to use the car with having 4 children and all the stuff that goes with them. We parked in one of the out of town car parks near the bus station that was a bit cheaper and only a short walk to the shops and beach. The road into the park is through an industrial estate so dont think you have gone the wrong way. We will be going back this year at some point because some of the Funstars are the same as last year and were very good with my children who want to go and see them again. Dont worry about some of the reviews we have never had any probs on site with noise late at night, but I know that we might have been lucky, all I do know is that Jan does run a tight ship and I have seen her stoping ball games aroung the vans and getting people to put their dogs on a lead etc.

The main problem is that everything on park is expensive so you can spend a lot if you are not carefull.

Have a good time.

Robin.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Littlesea is listed on the Caravan Sitefinder which can be accessed by clicking on the logo on this webpage and then scrolling down and clicking on the caravan sitefinder link.

Caravan Sitefinder has reviews of holiday parks and Littlesea has two. Click Hereto read the reviews.

Practical Caravan pay

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I very much agree with Robin f. I think that the touring section is probably the best part of this park with great views over the weymouth end of the "Fleet". The wardens were brilliant and some of the best we have come across. The toilet block was always very clean even when the site was fairly full. It was a bit expensive for us mainly because we did not use all of the facilities available at this Holiday Park. We would certainly go to this park again.

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
Hi Elaine

We have stayed at Littlesea lots of times over the last few years.

The touring wardens Jan and Ken and very good and look after the site very well the washblock is only a few years old and they keep it very clean. The seaview pitches have a water tap,ehu and a tv connection for each pitch,but no waste.When we were there in october Jan said they were going to put the play area for small children back so you dont have to go to the main complex, the showbar gets very full and is really too small for the size of park,they are doing more changes to the main complex over this winter so I cant say what that will be like.The pitches are not a bad size but like most commercial sites you could always do with a bit more room. The site is on top of a hill and can be VERY windy but lets hope in july you will have good weather. Weymouth is great for the children with plenty do do on the beach but the traffic around the town center can be very bad, the parking is also quite expensive, you can take a bus straight from the park to the seafront but we had to use the car with having 4 children and all the stuff that goes with them. We parked in one of the out of town car parks near the bus station that was a bit cheaper and only a short walk to the shops and beach. The road into the park is through an industrial estate so dont think you have gone the wrong way. We will be going back this year at some point because some of the Funstars are the same as last year and were very good with my children who want to go and see them again. Dont worry about some of the reviews we have never had any probs on site with noise late at night, but I know that we might have been lucky, all I do know is that Jan does run a tight ship and I have seen her stoping ball games aroung the vans and getting people to put their dogs on a lead etc.

The main problem is that everything on park is expensive so you can spend a lot if you are not carefull.

Have a good time.

Robin.
Thanks so much Robin, for your very complete review, it certainly helps! We've been to many sites, CL's, private sites, commercial sites etc in the past but it's always nice to get a 'real' opinion from someone who has actually been there. I think half of the enjoyment comes from what you can make of it yourself, which we intend to do.

Really appreciated your feedback, thanks again.

Best Regards

Elaine

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
I very much agree with Robin f. I think that the touring section is probably the best part of this park with great views over the weymouth end of the "Fleet". The wardens were brilliant and some of the best we have come across. The toilet block was always very clean even when the site was fairly full. It was a bit expensive for us mainly because we did not use all of the facilities available at this Holiday Park. We would certainly go to this park again.
Thank also to you James, for your comments, I've got a pretty good idea what to expect now, which I'm pleased to say is hopefully a good time!

Thanks again.

Best Regards

Elaine

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts