Living in caravan

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
We have now sold our home and will be living in our Lunar twin axle caravan for the next few months. We have been able to secure a serviced site nearby to where we used to live.

Does any one have any recommendations on long term living in a caravan besides writting an article for Pratical Caravan regarding useage of a caravan. I think we have covered all the angles but I guess there are some you may overlook, i.e. insurance on the caravan. The main drawback is that you can't up and chuck easily every weekend although we will be spending Xmas in Moreton in Marsh.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
as I given to understand CC sites can only be used for 28 consecutive days then you must move on.

Seasonal pitches may come under different rules?

a lot of people (if they are retired) go to Spain or Portugal for the winter and then back onto the engish circuit when the summer !! comes.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Ian - I lived in my van for about 4 months when I was job changing a few years ago in '99. I used it for 4 nights a week, going home at the weekends. I used a friendly CL owner who waived the 28 day rule - sssshhhh! The only issue to be wary of especially in the colder winter months in the UK, is the dreaded potential damp problems as all the condensation from showers, kettles etc will need a lot of ventilation to keep the moisture at bay. Otherwise it's great - no Council Tax, TV licences etc. Co-incidentally my van was a Lunar Delta 560/5 twin too.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
The nearest CC site that stays open all year is about 36 miles from my place of work but the commercial one is only 12 miles and is one of those Bellamy conservation sites. The damp is a consideration however with adequate ventilation it should not be too much of a problem. I don't think we could live in anything smaller than the van we have as the bedroom is seperate from the rest of the van.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts