Lock N Level Twin Axle Purchase

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I presume there isn’t a kit to do this, it’s basically buy all the parts the drill hole and fit?
Why would you want to drill holes? Highly unlikely you will use it on the offside because if you do, you cannot fit the ALKO locks? In the years that we had our Lock n Level, we never had the need to use it on the offside. If the offside needed lifting, we used a ramp.

We used a normal tyre compressor and plugged it into the 12v cigarette lighter socket in the car. Inflated the bag and job done.

Reactions: Saxo Appeal
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We had this experience before and the offside ramp was hopeless in stones.

The wheel kept pushing the ramp along :(
I must admit that we have never had that issue, but if stones are the issue do you really want to use the Lock n Level on that side. To stop it moving why not use two pegs behind the ramp? Pegs can be removed afterwards.

Jan 20, 2023
Visit site
That is true when you need to fit locks on the nearside.
I honestly found them easier than ramps without a lock. Admittedly much more expensive than a ramp but it allowed precise and effortless levelling, important when you’re as level-obsessive as me!!! 😂

Aug 5, 2023
Visit site
Ref the stones, the last place we went to had around 10cm depth of small stones. It was a right pain trying to get properly manoeuvred into place because even the jockey wheel was having issues with it using motor movers.

I just can’t fathom why sites do this, just lay honeycomb plastic matting then fill with stones , makes it so much easier.

Hard to see but there was a struggle

IMG_1049.jpeg

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Ref the stones, the last place we went to had around 10cm depth of small stones. It was a right pain trying to get properly manoeuvred into place because even the jockey wheel was having issues with it using motor movers.

I just can’t fathom why sites do this, just lay honeycomb plastic matting then fill with stones , makes it so much easier.

Hard to see but there was a struggle

View attachment 6192
Time to ask Mrs Appeal to go aft and practice her balancing skills 😱

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Sorry Clive, I don't understand....

I'm thinking you mean she goes inside the caravan which raises the front :rolleyes:
Spot on, it will be good training for when the noseweight needs reducing to allow the movers to exit you from a wet grass or muddy pitch and the car is no help.

May 10, 2020
Visit site
I have invested in a rechargeable compressor which pumps up the Loc and Level without the need for playing around with extension leads. Works well.

May 10, 2020
Visit site
I purchased the below a while back which is also rechargeable, but really not sure how it will cope and may take ages to fill.

Yes a very similar unit to mine and it copes very well. Just a two or three minutes and it’s job done. But I wouldn’t want to try and inflate my Shoguns tyres from flat though. Having said that it does top them okay.

Aug 5, 2023
Visit site
Yes a very similar unit to mine and it copes very well. Just a two or three minutes and it’s job done. But I wouldn’t want to try and inflate my Shoguns tyres from flat though. Having said that it does top them okay.
Great news, so that little deal I found has turned out great :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts