Lock N Level

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
I currently have a Bailey Unicorn Pamplona fitted with the Powrtouch Evolution AWD mover. Because it is recommended that both ALCO Wheel Locks are fitted when the caravan is parked up I am considering buying a Lock N Level to a, allow me to fit both wheel locks and b, level the caravan when required. I had considered jacking the caravan but getting one in with the movers fitted looks very difficult.

My question is therefore this, does anyone have any experience of leaving the caravan parked up on their Lock N Level for long periods ie over winter. Have the bags perished? I have noted that some people have had a loss of pressure but that wouldnt be a problem as my intention would be to leave the caravan on the bag with it deflated.

Nov 6, 2006
Visit site
Why leave the LNL in place? Your mover can shift the van the few feet needed to remove it. If you really must leave it be sure to place a sturdy mat underneath first

Nov 6, 2006
Visit site
I have a TA version, but not tried what you suggest. However, try speaking to LnL as they are pretty helpful. If you do go ahead, be sure to use some form of heavy duty mat or board to protect against small stones, which you need on hard standing anyway.

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
Their website has your answer:
https://www.locknlevel.co.uk/faqs
Q. "Can I leave my Lock'n'Level in place during the winter?"
A. Yes. As long as you leave it deflated. All components on your Lock'n'Level are able to withstand the weather! You should also make sure that it is on a suitable piece of mat to prevent damage by stones and sharp objects etc.

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
Or do what we did, ditch the AlKo locks completely, use a couple of decking boards to level up and fit an alternative approved pair of wheel locks (SAS clamps in our case). Made no difference to our insurers and levelling is a doddle.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts