Locks not opening!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 17, 2018
Visit site
First time we have been away & had trouble with the locks on a Coachman.
Can't open toilet flush lock at all, & off side front locker lock, also being very stubborn.
Any tips on how to cure?

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Lock lubricant? We used to have problems with a Hartal door lock. Lock lube kept it going.
Also, are they the original keys( i.e. not cut copies that are not quite right ).
Mel

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
I had a similar problem with the battery box, in my case the key was turning the lock barrel then when I pressed the barrel in nothing happened, the lock catch was not releasing from its body, the way round the problem was to use plenty of force when I shoved the barrel and at the same time pull on the locker door doing this solved my problem, I then filed the catch slightly and this sorted my locker problem,

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Grizzly, make sure your using the locker keys and not the caravan door key. The door key is slightly larger and should not go into the locker and toilet flush locks.

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
I had problems with our locker locks as well one of them I had big problems opening it When I eventually managed to open the lock that wasnt working I decided to take it apart ,simple job just had to watch carefully in case the spring flies out this is a simple job to do the mechanism had come adrift.its easy to put back but put it back with e generous greasing.That is of course yours is the same problem. I finished doing all of mine. 9 Years on still good
Sir Roger

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Consider using powdered graphite rather than lube oil. It lasts longer. It doesnt seem to gunk up and attract crud as liquids do.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/C-Tools-T6283A-Graphite-Powder/dp/B003KN0AJK

Mar 19, 2024
Visit site
HI, I have a Fendt 700, 2015. The door lock won't lock from the outside, I turn the key to lock it, but when I turn it back to the middle to take key out, it unlocks again.
Any help would be appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts