Loire valley

May 13, 2006
Visit site
Could anyone please recommend any campsites preferrably near Samur with excellent facillities and large pitch sizes. I know it seems a lot to be asking for but there must be something to accomodate. There will be fifteen of us going ranging from 73 years old down to 7 years old. Excellent pool is a must, great restaurant etc

May 12, 2006
Visit site
Hi Wendy

You need to give Mike a better clip next time you see him, he's not improving at all.----)))))

Try this web site, never been so can't give you any feedback.

www.loire-gites.com

regards

Val & Frank

Jun 29, 2004
Visit site
Wendy!!!!! would I lie to you?

you must ignore Frank and have faith.

Type in the site.

ie. www.cvtloisirs.com and it will work, do not take any notice of these Franks, thy will lead you astray!!trust me.

ttfn

May 12, 2006
Visit site
Wendy it don't matter if your from Norfolk or not any, if you see Mike just give him a clip, and if he asks why tell him it's from Wendy Norfolk he will understand. ---)))))

Val & Frank

Dec 15, 2005
Visit site
Cheers once again for the link, Frank & Val. Much appreciated.

We do have a small pool, but no restaurant I'm afraid. We do however cook meals twice weekly for all our guests. Proved very popular last season. A great way to get to know people! A fantastic restaurant in the local village of Vernantes, we highly recommend it! Then there's BBQ's etc. Pitch sizes are fairly large, with no hard & fast rules where your jockey wheel must be placed!

Hope to see you sometime!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Try Isle D'Offard. You can walk into town from there.

Or L'Etand de la breche 6KM from town. Or Camping de Chantepie up on the hill overloooking the river. We have stayed at all and all are excellent

DavidC

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Camping Ile d'Offard is fabulous. It is on an island in the middle of the Loire (although the river is pretty empty in the summer). Good sized pitches, facilities OK. Next to a huge municipal swimming pool with sun terraces, diving boards etc. You get one free ticket per person per day for the pool.

Within easy cycling distance or 15 mins walk from the town. Very picturesque, not like many French towns where the heart has been ripped out by out of town hypermarkets. Nice flat cycling country to the north of the river, or more hilly to the south.

On the edge of town is a LeClerc hyper plus a really good sports hypermarket - Decathlon I think. Plus the ubiquitous McDonalds.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Mike

When we were there in June they were building there own pool. Supposed to be readsy for 1 July but I think it was a bit behind schedule. New owners have it now and they seem to be putting a much needed cash injection into it! . Lovely site but I thought it was looking abit in need of tlc this year

DavidC

Aug 8, 2005
Visit site
Have used this Site many times. The staff are very friendly. The new swiming pool is up and in use - though sadly this has meant the loss of some hard-standing places. Next on the improvement list is the Site Restaurant.

There are plenty of Restaurants in the Town itself.

Saumur is of course home to the Cadre Noir - so for anyone with horsey interests - there's plenty for them here - both in the Ecole Nationale d'Equitation and the Military School down in the Town itself

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Wendy

You need to give Mike a better clip next time you see him, he's not improving at all.----)))))

Try this web site, never been so can't give you any feedback.

www.loire-gites.com

regards

Val & Frank
Hi Wendy, as Frank says, try www.loire-gites.com I've been there,and it's good. No restaurant on site, but a good one only a couple of kilometres away

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Cheers once again for the link, Frank & Val. Much appreciated.

We do have a small pool, but no restaurant I'm afraid. We do however cook meals twice weekly for all our guests. Proved very popular last season. A great way to get to know people! A fantastic restaurant in the local village of Vernantes, we highly recommend it! Then there's BBQ's etc. Pitch sizes are fairly large, with no hard & fast rules where your jockey wheel must be placed!

Hope to see you sometime!
Hi Stuart. Good to see all these recommendations for Le chant. Don't make it too poular, though. We want to come back next year! xxx for Syb. Emmerson

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts