Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
We have been to Normandy/Brittany a few times and this year fancy the Loire. We are travelling with 2 children aged 3 and 10. I have been looking through books and the internet but no site seems to be jumping out at me! Which area would people suggest and does anyone know any good sites. I usually like the seaside for my hols but we are trying something different. Maybe if I could find a small beach by a lake I could still get out my bucket and spade. Will be calling at Paris en route for a few days. Tunnel already booked for August thanks to Tesco Clubcard.

Thanks for any replies.

Dec 28, 2005
Visit site
A favourite of ours when transiting through western France is:-

Camping de L'Etang, Brissac, Loire - http://www.campingetang.com/en/index.html

Sister site to Le Chant d'Oiseau (I think). Brissac Quince is about 20km south of Angers. We intended it as a one night stop on the way to the Atlantic coast but the site and surrounding countryside demanded we stay longer! Excellent, well-cared for site and the wine from their own vineyard is well worth sampling. Smallish lake in the middle of the site, play facilities etc etc. Leisure park just across the road with reduced entrance fees for campers.

Keith (M)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Lynda,

We have stayed at Parc De Alicourts, brilliant site with small lake and beach, swimming pool with waves and slides. We loved it. The site is part of the Yelloh Village Group

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
We stayed at Chateau le Grenouillere towards the end of last August (a Les Castels Site and also in Caravan Club Travel Service in Europe). It is on the east side of Tours and not far from Orleans (as you are travelling from Paris). Very nice pool complex and plenty to do for children of all ages - check their web site - www.camping-loire.com. It is very close to Chateau Chambord which is well worth a whole day out. Last year our youngest was also 3 years old and thoroughly enjoyed the day including lunch out! which only cost 21 euros for 4 of us. The daily equestrian event at Chambord should not be missed and the children will enjoy watching the horses being washed down afterwards. Nearby and next door to Chambord is Chateau de Marais. Chenonceau is also within easy reach for a day trip and is well worth the visit. This year we are trying the west side of Tours at L'Etang de Breche - also a les Castels site. We are visiting this site following a recommendation.

Feb 15, 2007
Visit site
Hi, i can heartly recommend Camping Le Moulin Fort. 1 Mile from the Chateux at Chenonceux, 20 miles from Tours. Have been there the last 4 years, and will be going in April, May & August this year.

This is their website.http://pagesperso-orange.fr/moulinfort/moulinfort/

Oct 5, 2005
Visit site
Hi, following this with interest as we have just booked 2 weeks in august at Le Parc de Fierbois near St Catherine in the Loire. Looks great on the website but any comments would be appreciated.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Sammy

We stayed here two years ago, lovely site, our pitch was down by the lake, some sun, some shade. Some of the pitches closer to the pool area were completely open no shade at all. The water polo held each afternoon in the indoor pool is good fun. The main pool area is lovely, the only thing people put towels on the beds at 10.00 in the morning and then don't appear until 3.00 in the afternoon.

A visit to futureascope is well worth a visit.

Oct 5, 2005
Visit site
Thanks Gill - always reassurng to hear a good review.

Lynda - forgot to mention that this site does have direct access to a lake beach so might be what your looking for. You can get the web address by doing a google search but we booked with eurocampindependent.

Dec 13, 2007
Visit site
Hi Lynda

We can only endorse Kieth(M)s opinion, this site is possibly one of the most friendly sites we have been on, the atmosphere was great. The site has several play areas for children, the lake is for fishing and is extremeley popular with all ages, the toilets were continually cleaned all day, resturant is OK but the village nearby has several really good resturants, there is a Chateau in the village that is worth a visit.

Unfortunatley this is not a bucket and spade holiday but still really good

Hope this helps - Alb

Jul 21, 2005
Visit site
Hi Lynda,

I would reccommend L'Etang de la Breche. It is a very nice Castels site with lots to do on site and in the surounding areas (plenty of chateaus obviously) and a good zoo (Zoo de Doue?) fairly close by-its worth eating in the restaurant overlooking the giraffe enclosure just to see a giraffes head appear over the railings. The camp site restauraunt is worth a visit too.

The on site security was very effecient. All noise stopped dead at 10pm on the central sports pitch with regular patrols later on around the site as well. We were there in August 06.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts