Long top front window blind won't stay up

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone,
We have a 2015 Coachman VIP.
The long top window at the front (above the 3 regular windows) has a pleated blind which no longer stays in the open (up) position. It gradually creeps down to nearly closed.

I can't figure out how to tension this to keep it open. Emergency measure is to jam a cork into the side channel.

Any better suggestions would be much appreciated.
At the moment we are away on site until end March.

Many thanks

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Have you got a snapped cord? Our Unicorn front blind does and will creep a bit, but doesn’t go as far as yours.
Mel

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Mel - I didn't realise that there were any cords there, they are sotight against the edge - have checked and both are intact (one each side).

Chris

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
brissle said:
Had7n't thought of that - thanks.
I'll have a look this evening when WiFi signal is better.

Brissle we have the opposite . 2013 VIP 560 two front windows are a pain to get up and down, the pleated type. Other than that Best caravans on the market. ;)

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Yes, the pleated blind on our centre front window can be stiff to get up- often needs two hands.

But as you say, these are brilliant vans in most other respects.

I didn't find any solution to my problem with the topblind, even on You Tube, so will just stick with cork jammed into the channel. Simple solutions are often the best.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
brissle said:
Yes, the pleated blind on our centre front window can be stiff to get up- often needs two hands.

But as you say, these are brilliant vans in most other respects.

I didn't find any solution to my problem with the topblind, even on You Tube, so will just stick with cork jammed into the channel. Simple solutions are often the best.

Just had a look at ours there are no cords on the "panoramic " blind. Our just stays in place. Maybe we are lucky.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts