Long winded account of our holiday. Won't make anyone happy b...

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Dec 1, 2005
Visit site
Guess you wouldn't recommend the site then?

(last seen running away very quickly)!!!

Sorry to hear you had such a bad time, better luck next trip out.

Love to Gaye

Lolly x
Hi Lol

We are all fine thanks, Stuart is getting things put into motion ready for his deployment, hope you and Gaye are both ok, see you at Halloween

Lolly x

Jun 25, 2005
Visit site
Hi

Sorry to hear about your holiday. Wales like other areas has had some serious rain. Its a pity that there was no information available on the site about local attractions, supermarkets etc. Sainbury's at Wrexham is easy to find, just off a dual carriageway. Wrexham and Llangollen has already been mentioned, you could also have gone in a slightly different direction and visited places in Shropshire.

I have family living not too far from The Plassey, there are some lovely walks on the Horseshoe pass at Llangollen. Have also had lunch in some country pubs around Llangollen, log fires, stunning views etc.

We visited the craft centre at The Plassey about 2 years ago and thought the car park was a bit tight, also remember thinking you'd need to be careful when towing onto site, caravans seemed to be pitched closer than we are used to, but we're used to stopping on CC sites.

The Plassey is well located for visiting a number of attractions, there is also horse racing down the road at Bangor on Dee.

Hopefully your comments will be taken as constructive feedback.

Annette

May 29, 2007
Visit site
Problem is, its not really proper wales. Its up north, in proper wales you would have a brilliant time, you ask Collin :)

Where is Colin by the way?

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
No, we are not on holiday or asleep.

FORUM ETIQUETTE:

"4. You may not transmit complaints about named companies or caravan parks. Such individual issues should be taken up with the company direct."

The rule is there to protect companies and parks from malicious, unsubstantiated complaints or derogatory comments being posted.

However, I would hope we can always give honest feedback on our dealings with parks and businesses, as long as they express a personal opinion and avoid reporting individual incidents in a derogatory way, or quote outrageous things staff are supposesd to have said.

i.e. avoid posting anything libellous.

As such, I don't think this thread actually contravenes the

rule.

Mar 13, 2007
Visit site
hi lol

so sorry to read about your lousy holiday, at what we thought was a pretty good site? however the weather was brill when we were there a couple of years ago.

a few comments though if I may, Wales is a bit like scotland if the weathers fine its brill when it rains(which is very often) every thing gets water logged so quickly (thats my one conssesion for a 4x4) and although the site information pack is not that good, a trip to the tourist information office is wothwhile.

the site access is as you say a little tight and could be better but by keeping to the right you can swing in ok most people will wait for you as most will have had to do the same thing to get on to site, a common problem on many sites not just this one.

I cannot comment on the golf as I dont swing the clubs? but the fishing was good once you walked round and found a quiet spot we went in early may and the site was almost empty so pehaps we were lucky.

finaly the doggies walk well what can you say about that not a uncommon problem is it? why some people have an avertion to cleaning it up god knows plasit bags are cheap enough.

colin

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Problem is, its not really proper wales. Its up north, in proper wales you would have a brilliant time, you ask Collin :)

Where is Colin by the way?
2 weeks in the Gower rained every day. Talk about the land that God forgot.Certainly not much to sing about there.

Steve W

Feb 11, 2007
Visit site
Cheer up Robert, life can't be all that bad mate. Perhaps the weathers getting you down :O) Then again, depending on your age, 25 seconds could be a lot of time to waste.
Hi L B,our weather is good compared with some others,however having bronchitis at moment am stuck in doors and my wife telling me "see what i do all day"and me thinking she looked at tv .So am stuck with all other things that i can do and this thread to me is depressing,got to go wife is after me .

Feb 11, 2007
Visit site
Have now been on Forum about 6 months and on the whole find it intresting especially tech/towcars /towing.However it sometimes leaves me wondering ,for want of a a better turn of phrase,how a subject comes up and gets turned around completly to something else .Of coarse humour comes in many times so i go with the flow read it /bin it.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi lol

so sorry to read about your lousy holiday, at what we thought was a pretty good site? however the weather was brill when we were there a couple of years ago.

a few comments though if I may, Wales is a bit like scotland if the weathers fine its brill when it rains(which is very often) every thing gets water logged so quickly (thats my one conssesion for a 4x4) and although the site information pack is not that good, a trip to the tourist information office is wothwhile.

the site access is as you say a little tight and could be better but by keeping to the right you can swing in ok most people will wait for you as most will have had to do the same thing to get on to site, a common problem on many sites not just this one.

I cannot comment on the golf as I dont swing the clubs? but the fishing was good once you walked round and found a quiet spot we went in early may and the site was almost empty so pehaps we were lucky.

finaly the doggies walk well what can you say about that not a uncommon problem is it? why some people have an avertion to cleaning it up god knows plasit bags are cheap enough.

colin
I do blame the rain for most of the faults, Colin. Had it not been for the weather, things probably would have been different. I have in the past had short stays on rain soaked pitches and it's never really bothered me, part and parcel of caravaning, so to speak. This was our first (after all these years) wet main holiday. I dare say a number of events coincided to make it a difficult stay. Perhaps my view was tainted because of those events. I still think that not having the swimming pool ready for the summer is really poor planning and a few of the other comments made still stand. However I will concede that under different circumstances, a family could have a fun time there. Was looking forward to the train ride up Snowdon and a visit to Prestatyn. Unfortunately that's not going to happen now.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
No, we are not on holiday or asleep.

FORUM ETIQUETTE:

"4. You may not transmit complaints about named companies or caravan parks. Such individual issues should be taken up with the company direct."

The rule is there to protect companies and parks from malicious, unsubstantiated complaints or derogatory comments being posted.

However, I would hope we can always give honest feedback on our dealings with parks and businesses, as long as they express a personal opinion and avoid reporting individual incidents in a derogatory way, or quote outrageous things staff are supposesd to have said.

i.e. avoid posting anything libellous.

As such, I don't think this thread actually contravenes the

rule.
Fiver's in the post Mr Moddy.

Jun 12, 2006
Visit site
Lol,

I have just come across your holiday diary and yes I did laugh but only at the way you have written it(especially the taps), and yes I am sorry you had to cut your holiday short, the weather always makes things look bad.

As Rioja said it's a shame there was no information on the site for you as there is so much for you to see and do round here, we only live 20 minutes away and could send you to loads of places.

You can obviously tell a good story and probably have loads more so if ever you're in the area again give us a shout and we'd be happy to be pitched next to you and share those bottles.

Martin.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Lol,

I have just come across your holiday diary and yes I did laugh but only at the way you have written it(especially the taps), and yes I am sorry you had to cut your holiday short, the weather always makes things look bad.

As Rioja said it's a shame there was no information on the site for you as there is so much for you to see and do round here, we only live 20 minutes away and could send you to loads of places.

You can obviously tell a good story and probably have loads more so if ever you're in the area again give us a shout and we'd be happy to be pitched next to you and share those bottles.

Martin.
Martin, Lol might not see your post because he no longer has his motor home so doesn't post anymore.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
My wife and I spent a very enjoyable holiday at Plassey in late April and could not fault any part of the site or the surrounding countryside. We visited Chester, Llangollen and many other local towns/cities. All in all it was a first class holiday and on the evening prior to us leaving the site owner had the courtesy to come and visit us and asked us about our stay and had we any complaints. Very rarely has this happened in the past. We would have no hesitation in going back there as the site and surrounding countryside was brilliant.

Jun 29, 2007
Visit site
Hi Lol

Sorry to hear about your holiday but also glad to read your comments (amazed it was allowed actually)I wish you had a better time at the Plassey but I'm also glad to hear some one who actually thinks the same about this park. I think you were lucky to be on a full service pitch ,around the perimeter ? If you were on the grass as we were some years ago (all be it we had pre booked an all service pitch)our pitch was like the Somme I had to go out and buy some heavy duty plastic liner to line our awning and a boat to get across it.And like you I don't understand how they have won so many awards.

The only thing I can say we liked about this park was the Ice cream.

I am amazed that you have not received a comment from the m.d. of the plassey as he usually makes a comment or perhaps thats only when the sun shines.

I do hope this is printed .

All the best for your next holiday.

best wishes PeterW. LOl

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
lol, sorry you had a crappy holiday. didnt plassey win park of the year?. now you know why i only go on cc sites.

just got back on monday from sutton on sea cc site had a great week weather okay aswell. nice site really nice wardens and there is no ball games signs everywhere ( hooray ). sorry im not a moaning old git im only in my 30's but i got my van used as a football and cricket pitch when i went to hurn lane cc site and wardens didnt give a crap i had to move to another pitch it was that bad. so it was nice that the wardens confirmed no ball games ( swingball okay ) and no cycling after dark.

hope you have a better holiday next time.

jo-anne

May 29, 2007
Visit site
Last two sites we visited were CC sites. Won't be going again. Facilitys dirty or non-existant. People very unfriendly. one very bad for getting in a twin axle.

Will only visit sites on recommendation now.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Diane,

I find it very surprising that you found the 2 Caravan Club site facilities dirty or non-existent and the wardens unfriendly.Did you have a word with the wardens?.I have visited more than 30 club sites over the years and never had any problems like you have encountered.

I only use Caravan Club sites now, hoping that I will not encounter any problems like you describe.

Only time we have had any problems have been on privately run large sites.

I would suggest you get in contact with the Caravan Club Head office and state your complaints to them to see what response you get.

Regards

Nidge

May 29, 2007
Visit site
Think i will do that. As i said even though we are members won't be using them again unless on recomendation.

Thanks Nidge.

Regards Diane

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
Last two sites we visited were CC sites. Won't be going again. Facilitys dirty or non-existant. People very unfriendly. one very bad for getting in a twin axle.

Will only visit sites on recommendation now.
Name and shame?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts