Longer stay near York

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
Hi There,

Was wondering if someone could offer some advice.

I will be working in York for 6 months and was originally going to rent a house. As seasoned campers it didn't take long for the idea of a caravan to develop !!

Unfortunately many of the sites round the south side of York where I would prefer to be based only allow vans on for 2 weeks maximum. I'm feeling that it would be far to much hassle to have to move every two weeks.

So - does anyone have any suggestions of sites in the York area that offer longer stays (a month would be great - i don't mind having to move every month) Also assuming I don't have an awning how long does it realistically take to pack up a caravan and move it a couple of miles and set it up again.

Many Thanks

Jackie

G

The Beechwood Grange site will allow 28 days but it is on the north side, although slap bang next to the ring road.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
A mate of mine faced a similar situation but near Chester. He found a nice CL with EHU that would have let him stay for 3 months at a favourable rate. Have you looked at CLs/CSs

mel

Jun 5, 2005
Visit site
Jackie,

We have just returned today from our favourite site,Westerly Lake at Wheldrake.Site has EHU,hardstanding for van,grass for awnings,toilets,showers,dishwashing area,shop with post office and pub within 10 mins walk.

Wheldrake is off the A19 York to Selby road so is south of the city also easy access to A64 so links to A1,M1.Web address is

http://www.westerlylake.co.uk

G

It is 21 nights if you do an advance booking online, but if applying by post evidently you can stay longer.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Cawood Park don't do seasonals any more. They asked them all to leave by Feb this year so they could develop the more profitable holiday homes/lodges etc. (some of the people there had been on for years :( ) They do still take tourers, but these are towards the back of the park, and I don't think they will take longer term tourers now.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts