Longleat CC site, anybody stayed there?

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi Jo-anne,

We visited Longleat for the first time last Spring, spent 5 nights there and already booked to go back again in May. As others have said the site is well maintained and only a few minutes walk from Longleat House,Pets Corner and the boats that go out to feed the sea lions and visit gorilla island. The Safari Park entrance is about 5 minutes drive away.

The Pitches were level, mostly hardstanding with t.v booster points. Re walking your dog, we no longer have any but plenty of people there had four legged companions with them and seemed to find plenty of space for them to exercise. There is a dog walk into woods from the side of the site but I couldn't say what space there is, not sure if it's limited in any way.

If there is not enough at Longleat to keep you occupied Bath is not far away, neither is the Cheddar Gorge, Wookey Hole or the Fleet Air Arm Museum.

We arrived on the Sunday and the park and attractions appeared very busy, much quieter during the week and outwith school holidays if you can manage to go then.

We would recommend both the site itself as well as the House, Safari Park and other attractions.

Have you had a look at the site description on the C.C website? there are some photographs there as well.

http://www.caravanclub.co.uk/Planning your trip/UK Trips/Site Search and Book/Club Sites/Site Detail.htm?csid=LONGLEAT
The site itself is easy to reach as long as you follow the C.C. directions and don't use a satnav for the last sections.

Robert

Jul 9, 2001
Visit site
Jo-anne

We are off for our second trip to Longleat over Easter and from memory...

Area very beautiful, pitches good size, good toilet blocks and a small playpark, site is an easy walk to the house and grounds. Quite flat around the grounds so good for cycling.

From memory, I don't remember a watering hole in walking distance, but I may be wrong. EHU points have tv sockets.

When we were last there you could buy day passes to the Centre Park up the road too. I assume you still can.

Alan

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Well don jo-anne you will all love it, the boys will love the freedom of all the open space in longleat grounds, just dont wory about the lions roaring at night lol

Kevin

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
Well don jo-anne you will all love it, the boys will love the freedom of all the open space in longleat grounds, just dont wory about the lions roaring at night lol

Kevin
i cant wait now. going carnon downs in april, then back to cornwall but goonhaven in august.

have you stayed at longleat. there a clip on you tube it shows the drive up to the site and also says you can walk round the park when everyone has gone home is this true.

thanks

jo-anne

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
jo-anne we staid there last year and are going back in june we liked it so much. You can walk around the grounds as much as you like after hours dreaming its all yours lol

The safari park and private gardens are out of bounds though

Im sure you will love it and go back again and again

Carnon downs is also very nice and a great base for west cornwall.

This year our week in cornwall is in March and were going back to the cc site at hayle, Godrevey park which is across a small road from the dunes above the beaches

fantastic views out across St Ives.

Picking up the new van this w/e and cornwall will be the first week away in it. cant wait

Kevin

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
kev, we stayed at godrevy park almost 2 years ago, nice site, nice wardens, lovely views but not the best road to cross with 2 kids, one in a pushchair and a dog. i almost passed out on the way back up the steps up the cliff. i wasnt keen on the area to be honest. we are stopping at a site in goonhaven in august we stummbled on it last year but dont wanna give the name away to everyone as its great lol. email if you want it.

jo

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
hi everyoe again what are the pitch sizes like at longleat?.

also how easy is it to get onto a pitch are the roads around the site narrow?.

i ask because we went to hillhead last year the roads were narrow and the pitches some impossible to get on so we had to be put on by the tractor.

thanks

jo-anne

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Jo-anne

The answer lies before you.

Have a look at this youtube piece.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9MLu6d74X8

Cheers

Dustydog

Jul 9, 2001
Visit site
morning alan, ive seen both clips thanks. just wanted to hear it from the horses mouth aswell.

thanks

jo
Access roads are fine as long as you do not follow your Sat Nav!!!

Hillhead is pretty unique (I think) for CC sites needing a tractor.

When we went there we were still relative newbies and found the roads a lot better than the ones near Woolacombe (especially the one going up to the three sites near Morthoe.

Jul 9, 2001
Visit site
Access roads are fine as long as you do not follow your Sat Nav!!!

Hillhead is pretty unique (I think) for CC sites needing a tractor.

When we went there we were still relative newbies and found the roads a lot better than the ones near Woolacombe (especially the one going up to the three sites near Morthoe.

Sorry didn't mean to post as a comment....

Jun 25, 2005
Visit site
Hi

Having stopped at Longleat and Hillhead cc sites several times, there's no comparison with regard to access to pitches. Hillhead has tight, narrow, up hill access to some pitches, Longleat is flat and we think easy access to all pitches. We have never had any problems reversing our Bretangue onto a pitch, nor have we seen othes having difficulty. I think you have a mover on your van so it will be a doddle at Longleat.

Hope you enjoy your trip there as much as we enjoy going there.

Annette

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
hi everyone, i swapped me tescos vouchers for the longleat passports. so we can use the passport to go into the 12 attractions over a few days or the 2 weeks if we want as long as you dont go in the same attraction twice.

what i wanted to know is can you walk in the 900 acres of land on the estate?.

jo-anne

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
"what i wanted to know is can you walk in the 900 acres of land on the estate?.

jo-anne "

I would avoid walking in the sections with the lions and tigers

Jo-anne. ;)

May 18, 2007
Visit site
The first time we went to Longleat was for a long weekend many years ago. We drove down entrance road and were impressed with the multi-coloured rhodedendrons(have I spelt that right??)which were in flower and lined the road. As you clear the trees the view is stunning looking over the valley down to the house. We have been back a few times and still find the area enchanting. If marks out of ten were given then 15 would be my choice. One of Englands gems

So to anyone considering Longleat Go and you will not be disappointed

TRENDING THREADS