Loo Rolls

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
A letter in the latest PCv asked if she should continue using the Thetford style loo paper. I did use it many years ago as it was the only tissue that just about dissolved in Thetford toilet solution. I find using the ordinary domestic roll with Elsan blue leaves no residue at all. Have you seen the price of the "official " loo rolls at Dealers, eye watering! :woohoo:

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Used the official toilet roll stuff years ago when we started but now we just use anything and find with the blue stuff in it comes out dissolved anyway and yes it is pricey the loo roll !

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
I prefer to use the Thetford stuff as I favour using the Elsan Green fluid, so it does not break down as well as you chaps have experienced. I bought some of the Thetford paper 4-pack as an add-on item through Amazon - was about £4. I then bought some from Ebay as a box of 3 packs of 4 for about £10 over a year ago. These have lasted for absolutely ages; seemingly lasting much longer than a normal roll would.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
CustardAvenger said:
These have lasted for absolutely ages; seemingly lasting much longer than a normal roll would.
Oh dear, this is where this thread descends into lavatorial detail. Sorry everyone for the next bit....
Soo, they last longer because;
There are more sheets to the roll than supermarket loo roll?
Or
Each sheet is larger/ more absorbent and you are one of the few folks that therefore reduce loo roll use in response to this factor?
Or
You generally don’t do number 2 s in the caravan?

Mel

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
Thetford loo rolls never used them just the cheaper supermarket loo rolls , I 've started using OneChem blue which I find breaks everythig down,

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
This 'stuff' fairly robust!

th.jpg

Reactions: Crocodile Gunn D
Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
Mel said:
CustardAvenger said:
These have lasted for absolutely ages; seemingly lasting much longer than a normal roll would.
Oh dear, this is where this thread descends into lavatorial detail. Sorry everyone for the next bit....
Soo, they last longer because;
There are more sheets to the roll than supermarket loo roll?
Or
Each sheet is larger/ more absorbent and you are one of the few folks that therefore reduce loo roll use in response to this factor?
Or
You generally don’t do number 2 s in the caravan?

Mel

You asked... so here you go:

1) The caravan toilet is used for all eventualities, as a home from home. I've paid for it, so I'm using it! (The only downside is I have to empty it too)
2) It seems that the Thetford paper is thinner than regular paper, so I guess that fits is more on the roll. I have not researched the sheets per roll stats but it looks the same size.
3) The aperture of the waste compartment may influence the amount of paper used in one go, but there is no conscious effort to economise.
4) The Thetford paper does not breakdown fully with Elsan Green (IME) so requires a blast with the waste point hose.

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
One caravan chap I know looks at me in a funny way when I say the cassette toilet is used for everything when it comes to 1's and 2's, my first job every morning is to empty the cassette regardless of a thumb test,

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
camel said:
Thetford loo rolls never used them just the cheaper supermarket loo rolls , I 've started using OneChem blue which I find breaks everythig down,

Crikey one other person use ONECHEM, which we have used for ages now, and found very effective and so convenient with no wastage when measuring. Back on topic....ordinary Sainsburys loo rolls.

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
camel said:
One caravan chap I know looks at me in a funny way when I say the cassette toilet is used for everything when it comes to 1's and 2's, my first job every morning is to empty the cassette regardless of a thumb test,

Go on then... what is the thumb test?

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Tried One chem. Didn't like the smell from the loo. Fishy. :sick: Elsan for us.
However just been given some Fenwick's top and tail. Not used it yet though.
Mel

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Mel said:
Tried One chem. Didn't like the smell from the loo. Fishy. :sick: Elsan for us.
However just been given some Fenwick's top and tail. Not used it yet though.
Mel

Mel
Be interested in feedback on the Fenwicks as I tried it some years ago when it first came out and didn’t like the smell although it did do the job.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Thanks. Will try and remember to feedback when we do use it. Toilet emptying and resetting is OH job. :cheer: B)
Mel

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Just shows we're all different. Having tried quite a variety over the years, I've used Fenwicks for the last 5 or 6 and find it very good with minimal odour, less staining if spilled, and one fluid rather than two. The detergent quality seems excellent and lasting. I usually buy on-line from Halfords.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
bertieboy1 said:
We use the quilted stuff - it'e so soft and gentle,before we used the quilted stuff we used Izal for years but had to give it up !

We gave up The Izal as we could not find a compatabile holder for the van. :( lovely stuff grippy one side , other shiny,

Great for storing Apples, what else :p

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
bertieboy1 said:
We use the quilted stuff - it'e so soft and gentle,before we used the quilted stuff we used Izal for years but had to give it up !

We gave up The Izal as we could not find a compatabile holder for the van. :( lovely stuff grippy one side , other shiny,

Izal have 137 products in their inventory. The birth of the brand started in the 1700s. The official historian has written a short history of Izal, but reflects that it doesn’t really scratch the surface, which Izal used to do. :)

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
otherclive said:
EH52ARH said:
bertieboy1 said:

Izal have 137 products in their inventory. The birth of the brand started in the 1700s. The official historian has written a short history of Izal, but reflects that it doesn’t really scratch the surface, which Izal used to do. :)

Its always true that some one has to Blackcat you. Without giving the website. You mentioned "Scratching the surface" :eek:hmy: Come on OC, info please. I

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
otherclive said:
EH52ARH said:
bertieboy1 said:

Its always true that some one has to Blackcat you. Without giving the website. You mentioned "Scratching the surface" :eek:hmy: Come on OC, info please. I

http://s10probus.co.uk/the-history-of-izal-joan-jones-7th-march-2016/
Hutch that should help get to the bottom of it. (Plagiarised)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts