looking for fixed double bed six berth caravan ideas please

Aug 27, 2007
Visit site
i am in the market for a six berth caravan with a fixed double bed at rear bunks in the middle and seating at front to make up into double bed ,looking for somthing fairly new 2000+ ,but do not realy want to spend over 10,000 less if possible any help will be much appreciated

Apr 13, 2006
Visit site
Hi,

I'm not sure such a van exists. We are looking to upgrade our present 6 berth to a 6 berth with separate shower facility and extra room for teenagers to get dressed in.

Of the ones we have looked at,none have a fixed double bed.

Must admit it would be nice though!!!

Lisa

Apr 13, 2006
Visit site
Hi again,

Hobby do a fixed bed model with an extra double at the front(I think) but not sure how many bunks there are. I was just looking on Ebay and saw it.

Hope this helps!!

Lisa

Aug 29, 2006
Visit site
Hi Lisa

The new Bailey Ranger 620/6 twin axle has the layout you require. Although being new and apparently as easy to find as hen's teeth, it may be a bit over budget.

Apr 13, 2006
Visit site
Hi Ewan,

sure we've seen one of these but were put off for some reason.

Might have to go and have another look.

Probably wont upgrade til next year so plenty of time to look around.

Seen & liked a Sterling Europa but a bit out of our price range.

Lisa

May 25, 2005
Visit site
I saw a couple of days ago a 2008 twin axle Compass caravan with a fixed (walk round) rear bed and the layout you are looking for. Great looking caravan but don't know much about it at the moment as brochures aren't available yet. It was due for launch at The Lawns Caravan Show, Cottingham, Nr Hull, this weekend.

Keep an eye on the Explorer website for more details.

Brochures can also be requested:

www.explorer-group.co.uk

May 25, 2005
Visit site
Hi Lisa

We had a Hobby with a fixed 'Queen Anne' walk round bed at the rear with a huge double to the front (when made up) and a dining area opposite the kitchen area which made into very wide bunks, if required. Great van but very heavy and too wide to tow legally in this country without a 3.5 tonne truck! Maybe this was the one you were looking at.

Ann

G

Have a look at the European manufacturers in general. They do far more bunk bed models than the UK, and very often the larger ones incorporate a fixed bed. Cristall for instance do one, and they are cheap.

Nov 2, 2006
Visit site
Hi Darren, we have been looking for this layout as well, so far only ones we can see is Bailey 620/6, Fleetwood Sontana and the very large hobby ( our friends have a 6 berth hobby with large fixed bed they need a showgun to tow it with and it still is heavy)I love the look of the hobby inside but we could not tow it with present car and can't aford to change caravan and car. We are going to NEC in october and hope to see a wider range of caravans with layout we after, let you know how it goes.

Many regards Keith & Jenny

G

Try a Beyerland Sprinter 470TKM, if you are able to accept the continental layout. Fixed bed at front, bunks at rear and dinette in middle. Good 400 kg payload.

Just a thought

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts