Looks like the gremlins have been playing about again

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Looks like the gremlins have been playing about again
The tab key for changing the text colour has been removed
smiley-cry.gif

Personel details have also been removed
smiley-cry.gif

Also all of this text is now showng at the bottom of the box when you post...

• Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Allowed HTML tags: <a> <em> <strong> <cite> <code> <ul> <ol> <li> <dl> <dt> <dd><iframe>
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
  • You may quote other posts using

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Cheers Steve,

Also it won't let you put paragraphs in, it just joins all of the text up ....

I thought something was amiss when i saw that post from surfer with loads of extra text muddled in......

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I noticed the paragraph problem myself in a post I submitted to the Woosie thread Steve.
I emailed Lizzie who is busy on the road filming the Caravan Channel. Lizzie was kind enough to reply to say that she didn't have chance to answer the queries regarding this formatting issue today but she'll have a look to see what's happened tomorrow when she is back at Haymarket Towers.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I've been in touch with Lizzie, she is aware of the problems and thanks everyone for their patience and understanding.
She was away from her office for a number of days last week and is working hard to catch up with her work whilst trying to contact the right people who could resolve the formatting issue.
This is an unfortunate glitch but the forum is at least still useable even though it may not be ideal.
The glitch will be fixed as soon as possible and I'll keep you informed of any developments
smiley-smile.gif

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Parksy said:
I've been in touch with Lizzie, she is aware of the problems and thanks everyone for their patience and understanding.
She was away from her office for a number of days last week and is working hard to catch up with her work whilst trying to contact the right people who could resolve the formatting issue.
This is an unfortunate glitch but the forum is at least still useable even though it may not be ideal.
The glitch will be fixed as soon as possible and I'll keep you informed of any developments
smiley-smile.gif
hi Steve, you could also mention there is a problem with the writing box where you make the posts the tabs have changed there are no colour alternatives and text sizes. and some posters have their signatures missing while others are intact. noteably the ones where a colour is used like the woosieclub or email a moderator.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
All of these things are symptomatic of the same issue Colin. Something has gone wrong with the cloud hosting which is based in America, this is why the problem is taking so long to fix.

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
It's probably due to all the snow and damp getting into the widgets, which causes the the thrust nuts to stick to the flooful valves. The only way to fix it is by using alphabetical doughnuts in the porridge.
At least that's what it sounded like when the man explained what was wrong with my computer!

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
It takes an inordinately long time for the site to load and then to load individual topics. Compared to other sites I am using regularly the PC site is in a different time zone. No point in having fast internet if the train doesnt arriive!

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
otherclive said:
It takes an inordinately long time for the site to load and then to load individual topics. Compared to other sites I am using regularly the PC site is in a different time zone. No point in having fast internet if the train doesnt arriive!

Or when this comes up....... Service Temporarily Unavailable.....The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems..... Please try again later....... Arrrrrrgggggghhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Sproket said:
otherclive said:

Or when this comes up....... Service Temporarily Unavailable.....The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems..... Please try again later....... Arrrrrrgggggghhhhhhh!!!!!!!!
Maybe the techies had got the electronic spanners out trying to fix the aforementioned gremlins?

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Dustydog said:
Look at this http://www.haymarket.com/practical_caravan/practicalcaravancom_website/default.aspx
The vital statistics at the bottom
24,029 unique visitors a month
443,557 page views a month.

That sounds good to me?? I'd want my IT working properly with that kind of customer support!
I'm not sure how the number of unique visitors are counted but if the number of newly opened membership accounts are included then the figures for genuine bona fide unique visitors is somewhat flawed.
The high number of potential spam accounts and those using disposable email addresses which circumvent the proper password and information procedure which I block every day would have to be subtracted
smiley-wink.gif

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Nigel Donnelly sorted it out last time it when the forum went .... Belly-up ....
Parksy....29-05-2013 said:
I contacted Nigel who replied that for some reason the avatar and signature gizmo had been switched off so he switched it back on again.

....Like to bet the problem is at this end & not at the cloud server.....

Parksy...25-07-2013 said:
Hi Sprocket,.. I've alerted Haymarket via email....
They altered some settings a couple of days ago and have not changed them back but they've obviously missed the colour icon from the account settings box....

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I concur with sprocket.
The problmes started at exactly the same time the wording under the composition box started to tell us

Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
Allowed HTML tags: <a> <em> <strong> <cite> <code> <ul> <ol> <li> <dl> <dt> <dd><iframe>
Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
You may quote other posts using
tags.

Its strange that these issues are strangely close to the problems we are experiencing.

Its stretching credibility to believe these changes have nothing to do with the issues, and yet we are asked to belive its a cloud glitch. I have seen no reports of similar issues with other cloud based systems!

Come on Haymarket.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Parksy said:
All of these things are symptomatic of the same issue Colin. Something has gone wrong with the cloud hosting which is based in America, this is why the problem is taking so long to fix.
I think that I might be responsible for saying that there's a problem with the cloud.
From Lizzies reply to my email describing the problems I formed the impression that the people responsible for fixing the problem were hard to get hold of and I based an earlier reply (quoted above) on that.
The fact of the matter is that I don't know what's gone wrong, I've no idea if Lizzie knows but I'm sure that she'd let us know if she did.
I do know that work is being done to improve the website.
I also know that techies are reluctant to carry out any improvements or alterations to this existing website.
I don't know what form the improvements will take.
I don't know if or when they will happen.

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Parksy said:
Parksy said:
I think that I might be responsible for saying that there's a problem with the cloud.
From Lizzies reply to my email describing the problems I formed the impression that the people responsible for fixing the problem were hard to get hold of and I based an earlier reply (quoted above) on that.
The fact of the matter is that I don't know what's gone wrong, I've no idea if Lizzie knows but I'm sure that she'd let us know if she did.
I do know that work is being done to improve the website.
I also know that techies are reluctant to carry out any improvements or alterations to this existing website.
I don't know what form the improvements will take.
I don't know if or when they will happen.
perhaps it would do some good if Lizzie sent an e-mail to Nigel to ask how he fixed it last time !!! and then either did the same or get the army of teccies to do it !! whats the point of an army if they take no notice of the commander in chief ie technical editor,
it makes one wonder if the site went down completely anyone would fix it before the new one arrives, some of us old members remember the long long wait for the improved version, that we have now and that was just an improvement, a new forum could be years away yet!!! .

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Just had a look at how the code is for the HTML & supprise mine has come back on in grey as-well no doubt as previously said the problem is at this end, & no one will put their hand up to it ........
sproketjester.gif

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I've just had a play around with the setting to at least try to get paragraphs back and my experimenting seems to have worked.
Click on the 'Input Format' breadcrumb at the bottom left of the comment box.
Click on the 'Full HTML' radio button, bottom left again.
Click 'Save'
The text colour box is still missing though
smiley-frown.gif

TRENDING THREADS