Looks like the gremlins have been playing about again

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Parksy said:
My comment is above the smiley, can't you see it?
Can see the text but how have you managed to get the smileys to work
smiley-surprised.gif
they wont work for me although i can see them in the preview box proir to posting... ( Edit )....
Just logged in vai IE & can still see the smiley that should have appeared in the post ( it's still in the comments box.......) but not showing when posted .....

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Where it says in blue ( Input format ) & filtered or full HTML ... that used to be on the bottom of our comment box just as yours is above.... also the tab for changing the text colour has gone & we can't post photos anymore...... Argh !!!! what is needed ....
is a school child who knows a bit about computer coding to sort it out..... I have also noticed that this comment box has got larger by itself .......

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Parksy
No I dont get the extended box you show, and I have tried bothe Chrome and Firefox. This is becomming very very frustrating, as having text as just one block is very difficult to read, and it looses impact. This sort of problem in my opinion will be driving more contributors away from the forum, and I must admit I'm considering giving it a miss as its so user unfriendly.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I understand and share your frustration Prof, I wish that those responsible for technical matters would realize how unfavourably the software used on this forum compares with that used by other caravan forums and do something to improve matters.
When the 'upgrade' which resulted in what we have now took place forum members tried to let the web builders know what was needed when they asked for input, but unfortunately they chose to disregard the feedback.
Lizzie Pope has now taken over the role of digital editor but unfortunately she is not available until Tuesday 11th.
In her previous reply she thanked everyone for their patience and said that with various caravan shows, meetings etc; getting hold of the right people is proving rather tricky.
With the dwindling membership I doubt that the forum is a top priority at Haymarket Towers, I wish that I could do more but making a nuisance of myself won't make things happen any quicker I'm afraid.
smiley-undecided.gif

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi all.

Thanks for your posts and your patience. I've been on leave so unable to attend to this or reply to your posts. We are aware of these problems and are determining how best to fix them – thank you for bearing with us! I wish it was as simple as 'leaves on the line'.

I hope you're still able to enjoy using the forum while we work through these issues.

Lizzie

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Lizzie Pope said:
Hi all.

Thanks for your posts and your patience. I've been on leave so unable to attend to this or reply to your posts. We are aware of these problems and are determining how best to fix them – thank you for bearing with us! I wish it was as simple as 'leaves on the line'.

I hope you're still able to enjoy using the forum while we work through these issues.

Lizzie

Thankyou Lizzie

Maybe one of Lord Hezza's boffins from one of his computer magazines could help? Smiley thing with a big grin!

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
Having worked for many years in the field of safety and reliability one of the main tasks was to predict hardware and software failure rates. A large amount of empirical data exists for failure rates of mechanical and electrical components, but software is a different matter. If software has been tested for a know environment, with known parameters, and has worked OK for several years then it is unlikely to fail in the future when used accordingly. Software doesn't wear-out over time, unlike electrical and mechanical parts. It does often fail, however, if someone tweaks the software elsewhere, as has possibly happened on this occasion. Time will tell.
smiley-undecided.gif

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Woodlands Camper said:
Having worked for many years in the field of safety and reliability one of the main tasks was to predict hardware and software failure rates. A large amount of empirical data exists for failure rates of mechanical and electrical components, but software is a different matter. If software has been tested for a know environment, with known parameters, and has worked OK for several years then it is unlikely to fail in the future when used accordingly. Software doesn't wear-out over time, unlike electrical and mechanical parts. It does often fail, however, if someone tweaks the software elsewhere, as has possibly happened on this occasion. Time will tell.
smiley-undecided.gif
i fully endorse your comments re software reliability. At one point I was on the verge of asking my Volvo dealer to omit the software update as part of the annual service. Not only did it reset all of my settings to default but it could also 'unhinge' other parameters which you were not aware of until you needed to use them. Ie one example being that in day running mode the headlights don't stay on main beam when flashed. But after the 2013 update they do. So I now have a switch were two of three positions do the same thing. I will soon be able to see what the 2014 updates brings. Oh for simplicity!!!

TRENDING THREADS