Lose hill cc tie, grin low cc site ( now Buxton ) or chatsworth cc site

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
Hi which one have you been to?. I've been to grin low and loved it. So we want to go back to Derbyshire either mid April or beg june?. Any ideas ?

Thanks

Oh I forgot 2 adults 2 kids and a og. X

Oct 6, 2008
Visit site
Been to all 3.
I would rate them all the same, but can't honestly say i looked at them from a child friendly perspective.
If you like to give the kids and dog a run around a large open space, then Chatsworth.
You get given a key to the gate, at the back of the site, which takes you straight out on to the house estate.
The walks through the woods are very nice.

If you decide on Chatsworth it is one of those that books up very early in the year, so book now.

Mat

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
Thanks matt, I don't just let the kids go out on there own anyway so that's fine. The og isnt allowed off the lead unless in an enlised field wth no other dogs. We like sight seeing , walking, visiting a few shops.i do like a nice pretty site tho lol. Just fancy a going peaks Olof watching ed edmonson and didn't see enough when we stayed at grin low about 4 years go.

Thanks please keep advise coming

Jo xx

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
David I can't believe you haven't been to grin low cc tie well now called buxton. I stated there years ago in the snow but didn't venture out much. You must go it's the most beautiful site I've stayed on. You been to any sites in the lakes? Xx

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Jo-Anne Wyoming said:
David I can't believe you haven't been to grin low cc tie well now called buxton. I stated there years ago in the snow but didn't venture out much. You must go it's the most beautiful site I've stayed on. You been to any sites in the lakes? Xx

Jo-Anne
Many years ago we did just visit Buxton to have a look but have not been back. We tend to spend limited time touring in the UK and apart from our recent trip to Scotland tend to stay fairly local. We also don't take the van to the Lake District because the company I worked for has a hotel (for staff and pensioners) right on the lake at Ambleside, in fact we were there earlier in the year so we may as well enjoy a bit of luxury
smiley-cool.gif

David

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Joanne why not try Blackshaw Moore site its just down the road from Grin Low ( Buxton) its at the foot of the Roaches which has been articled in PC and CC magazine. We live 14 miles from both Leek and Buxton just outside Macclesfield l can assure you will love the Leek site, l agree Lose Hill and Chatsworth are brilliant but sometimes difficult to get on. Buxton is shut from November the road fro Macclesfield and Leek to Buxton was block a couple of time last week and no doubt will be the same over the Christmas period, we are at the Blackshaw Moore site for Christmas but won't use the road over the Cat and Fiddle at any price.
Nigel H

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
If you do decide to stay at Blackshaw Moore visit the Roaches tea rooms..the cream teas are fab as are the views. They are also dog friendly. The only downside with this site, is the dog walk. When we were there is was little more than a slot behind some trees...which the kids then decided to use as a mountain bike course.

TRENDING THREADS