Losing the towcar...

Page 4 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 4, 2004
Visit site
Most loan companies are offering around 8% so i think you bank is taking the mickey?

At those rates you would be paying less than you are now over 3 years even less over 5?

You have the benefit of knowing the history of the car which you wouldnt if you parted with the same money for another car.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
"They said that basically they have to get back the money they've all lost through the credit crunch and good payers are a reliable source of income"

Find it that hard to believe that is what the bank said?

Yes good payers are a reliable source but they want to keep them not drive them away.

You are being quoted credit card rates i would look else as you can easy reduce your payments with very little efforts

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Louise

You seem a sensible person. Have you looked at

Moneysupermarket.com?

Subject to checks Nationwide boast they could do your

May 21, 2007
Visit site
Hi Louise,

Change your car to an older suitable towcar. Exchange your van for an older lighter one. Send your son to private school.

Everyone happy. No brainer really!!!!!!!!

Good luck to you and your family.........

Nov 4, 2004
Visit site
Wow you did well! at 11.55 yesterday you were talking about the re finance of the Freelander just over 24 hrs later you have sold it the guy has paid (i presume in cash)picked it up and you have purchased another car on a low rate credit card which i presume you must have had already.

Land Rover must be different to other manufactures as on a pcp you never actually own the car and unless you paid LR before you sold the car what you have done is illegal as you dont own the car to sell?

Apr 18, 2007
Visit site
Sorry, it's far too political for discussion here Highlander. Louise will understand perfectly what I meant.

I'm not 'Mrs' by the way but 'Ms' - just for future reference.

Kind Regards.

Lisa
If married and unmarried men all use Mr then all married and unmarried women should use Mrs instead of the unpronounceable Ms.

Aug 17, 2008
Visit site
Already had the credit card so sorting out the low rate finance was easy. If I could have put the Freelander on it I would but the credit limit wouldn't stretch to it.

I have sold the car to an official motor trader and there is a clause in the PCP contract that if you are px your car then it is OK for the trader to settle the finance.

I had to ring Landrover Finance today to get their bank details to BACS the money across. They didn't seem to think anything illegal was happening, in fact it seemed normal procedure to them.

Freelander still sat on my drive as the Xsara is being valeted before I take delivery and obviously I need to confirm the dealer has settled the finance before I give him my/their car!

Dealer is the brother-in-law of my husbands boss and he usually deals in high value and prestige cars. He had the Xsara as somebody had px it against one of his more valuable cars. He got it on Saturday and I bought it Sunday. We've used him before to dispose of our old cars and he's definately not an Arthur Daly!

Aug 17, 2008
Visit site
My fault - its definately a trader. I think he already has somebody lined up for the Freelander, that's how he works. Generally deals in 4x4's, BMW's, Audi's and such like. His normal showroom is high value second hand. And his showroom is in his back garden. Big back garden, but if I was his wife I wouldn't let him keep all those cars there! Think she likes spending his money so I guess everyone's happy.

Going to see what he puts my car up for when it goes on his website - I just can't let it go, lol!

He's a rally driver and so cars are his life completely.

Anyway, onwards and upwards.

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Hello Louise,

I did have a Big 4x4 to tow my caravan which weighs in at 1634kg fully laden but with the rising fuel and tax costs I changed it to a Ford Galaxy 1.9tddi. It's the 150bhp version, has loads of ooomf and weighs in at 1724kgs. That makes a 95% match for my combination so would make your caravan an easy match.

Solo driving I get 45mpg and towing at the weights I run at I still return 30-32mpg. Not bad for a fairly big MPV.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts