Lots of Questions / Just bought a new caravan and moved home

Apr 10, 2008
Visit site
Hi I have a number of questions and wondering if anyone can answer any.

1. When you buy a new caravan, Do you have to buy a spare wheel? water pump? gas bottle? drainage pipes? (We have bought a 2008 caravan which gets delivered in a couple of weeks and not sure if we need to buy these or they come with the caravan).

2. I have recently moved to Rhyl and wondering if anyone knows of cheap caravan storage.

I think thats it for know, Thanks for any advice

Pete

G

Congratulation with your new van.

answer to your question

1, some model is supplied with spare wheel and some is not, so yes you have to buy one or you can ask the dealer as part of the deal.

water pump is supply with new caravan.

gas bottle you have to buy your own the best way is to go to your local tip and get an empty bottle then exchange it for a full one.

for storage try this.

http://www.cassoa.co.uk/Caravan_Storage_Home.aspx

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Peter, firstly you should check the specification of the caravan, which will list what is included in the purchase.

Spare wheel, most do come with them, but not all.

Water Pump should be included

Drainage pipes, probably a short length of waste pipe will be supplied.

Gas cylinders, NO, these you have to supply yourself, or ask the dealer to supply the type of gas you want to use, which will determine what pigtail you will need as they are different fitments for Butane and Propane.

Also not usually included is a battery.

It is down to how good your dealer is, and how good you are at haggling as to what extras you get thrown in as a starter pack.

Apr 10, 2008
Visit site
Peter, firstly you should check the specification of the caravan, which will list what is included in the purchase.

Gas cylinders, NO, these you have to supply yourself, or ask the dealer to supply the type of gas you want to use, which will determine what pigtail you will need as they are different fitments for Butane and Propane.

It is down to how good your dealer is, and how good you are at haggling as to what extras you get thrown in as a starter pack.
Hi Thanks for the replies.

I`ve just spoken to the dealer and they said that the water pump is included but the battery, gas, and spare wheel are not. So I did a bit of moaning and they have now agreed to supply a new battery and a new spare wheel.

I have got a gas bottle in the caravan I`m part exchanging, I`ll just have to take that out. I was hoping for a new light weight one. If I do decide to buy a light weight one are these easy to replace when they run out? for example do most caravan parks stock the light weight ones?

Also they have told me the Caravan has arrived and they just need to do there checks and I can pick it up on Wednesday :)

I Checked the website for caravan storage and find somewhere localish (35 miles away) a bit expensive

May 5, 2005
Visit site

sadly if you are waiting delivery,its a bit late to negotiate a good deal,we got a complete setup in the price on ou first van so that we went straight to the BMF at Peterborough and had a weekend there,just bought food and drink.You'll no doubt be more experienced next time and really make the salesman/woman,s eyes water with the deal you make.

Jan 22, 2008
Visit site
Hi Thanks for the replies.

I`ve just spoken to the dealer and they said that the water pump is included but the battery, gas, and spare wheel are not. So I did a bit of moaning and they have now agreed to supply a new battery and a new spare wheel.

I have got a gas bottle in the caravan I`m part exchanging, I`ll just have to take that out. I was hoping for a new light weight one. If I do decide to buy a light weight one are these easy to replace when they run out? for example do most caravan parks stock the light weight ones?

Also they have told me the Caravan has arrived and they just need to do there checks and I can pick it up on Wednesday :)

I Checked the website for caravan storage and find somewhere localish (35 miles away) a bit expensive

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts