Love our Bucanneer

Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
There is far too much negative press about Elddis caravans; so let's redress the balance-we are out for the first time after we got sent home from Sutton on Sea when lock down first started. We have bought a Cadac during lockdown and bought all the quick release bits only to open the cover to find there is the quick release adapter tie wrapped to the bbq point. This caravan is expensive-yes but considering you get and luxurious 8foot wide caravan with waste hog, onboard tank, whale mains adapter, top quality yuasa battery, knife and fork tray that is better than our houses, EP levelling and underfloor heating, - you can tell we just love it but seriously what a great caravan-we are so glad we put our money here. Oh and faults-mmmm we're fussy- but oh yes, a window rubber has bulged in the heat. Pretty good when you'r e ocd!!!

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Glad you are enjoying it. Great you are back out. I agree that Elddis get a lot of negative press, (although those who have had bad experiences, may well say they deserve it.). We have the other end of the spectrum to your a Behemoth Buccaneer-a teeny tiny Xplore 302. A shipping length of less than 5m and under 1000kg. I love it. I think the Xplore range is just great. Everything you need. Was hoping to go to the factory tour this year but my guess is Covid has put paid to that.
mel

Reactions: JezzerB
Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
Thanks Mel yes I agree Xplores look superb-great that Elddis make such a diverse range of std caravans; great designs and vfm. Now we need them educated in to providing spares and accessories along the lines of Bailey's Prima-think they're missing a Buc (!) there as must be money to be made too!

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Thanks Mel yes I agree Xplores look superb-great that Elddis make such a diverse range of std caravans; great designs and vfm. Now we need them educated in to providing spares and accessories along the lines of Bailey's Prima-think they're missing a Buc (!) there as must be money to be made too!
I am sure I saw a picture of your outfit on FB Buccaneer page? Looked smart if the same one.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Glad you are happy with it. The company has had some deserved criticism but hopefully now that the new owners have got to grip with it the quality has picked up

Reactions: JezzerB
Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
i've not posted to Facebook but am on the site so someone is getting a nice complment-and missing out but thank you!

Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
Glad you are happy with it. The company has had some deserved criticism but hopefully now that the new owners have got to grip with it the quality has picked up
Our dealer did say so when questioned about quality-(some may say he would be it seemed a genuine='we've noticed or the workshop have noticed a difference' type genuine comment as we'd nigh on done the deal by then ) time of course will tell but so far so VERY impressed.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts